New Rammstein

Varg Vikernes said:
i of all people know that music doesnt have to be complex to be good, but you see, Rammstein sucks for pretty much the same reason that Linkin Park sucks: their music is bad.

First of all, whether their music sucks or not is matter of opinion. I personally enjoy it a lot. Second, the comparison to Linkin Park is flawed because as I said before, Rammstein are not a serious band. Whereas Linkin Park are a your typical angry teenager "oh god I hate society and my parents and I have no sense of humor" band who take themselves completely seriously and who appeal to the kind of person who can 'so relate to their lyrics'.

Rammstein are obviously a style over substance band but they know it and they are fine with it, and on top of that, they happen to actually be good at what they do. Just watch some of their videos which are almost always awesome or their live shows which are spectacular to say the least.

They have a song called Spiel Mit Mir without involving women in the lyrical content. They fire liquid substances out of giant dildos during live performances. What's not to like about them? :confused:

Well if you've seen their live act and their music videos you would know they are only around to have fun and poke at certain people/topics. Of course their lyrics are going to suck! Big deal! Children of Bodom's lyrics fucking suck and people still drool over them!

Rosenrot is too calm, too relaxed. Reise, Reise was okay, but Sehnsucht and Herzeleid is the all-time favourites! the title track of Rosenrot is kinda good though, but i think they shall go more fast on the next album.

Puppet said:
Rosenrot is too calm, too relaxed. Reise, Reise was okay, but Sehnsucht and Herzeleid is the all-time favourites! the title track of Rosenrot is kinda good though, but i think they shall go more fast on the next album.

My thoughts exactly
Rosenrot had some good songs but it wasnt intense enough. I think we have to face the fact that we are never going to hear another albumn like the first 2, which isnt neccassarly a bad thing. Hopefully their next effort will seek to bring back some of the older attributes that they had

I'd love to see the guys, b-cuz they play the old songs now too...and yea, some of the Reise, Reise songs are pretty good too so i dont mind...and the artistic work on stage is fuckin amazing! just seeing them spit fire from their mouths when playing Feuer Frei is a feeling that cant be explained in words.

Even if the new songs are different they surely will kill when they got performed live. The upcoming DVD seems to be a very interesting piece, the advance tracks on the "Rosenrot" digi-CD are really promising.

Varg Vikernes said:
rammstein lol

if you want good German lyrics get Filosofem.

lol, none of the lyrics on Filosofem are in German...only the songtitles are. (And those actually aren't even the real titles). If you own a copy of Filosofem, look inside the booklet for the lyrics and songtitles, they're all in English or Norwegian.

On topic, I like Rammstein, but don't consider them metal. In my opinion, Sehnsucht is the best album.