New Release from Caligula's Horse

lane_miller

Space Ghost
Aug 31, 2008
Near Raleigh, NC
Caligula's Horse has recently released their sophomore effort called The Tide, the Thief & River's End. Their first album Moments From Ephemeral City was a strong debut, making one of my previous annual Best Of lists. This latest effort definitely takes the music up a notch. Back is the amazing guitar lines of Sam Vallen and the emotional vocals of Jim Grey. However, this time the intensity and urgency of the music has been brought to the front with a sound that has a more unified identity. Their first video from the new album has all of these elements.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dammit, Lane. You can't just start a thread about a killer album that's just been released and not include where to buy it!

I'll probably just wait for Ken to stock this since the only likely option now is shipping from Australia. I heard this tune last week and love it. Makes me want to grab the debut. Good call, Lane.

I read Ken at laser's will make the attempt to get physical copies. I only buy MP3 if there are no other options. THis seems like one of those releases you just have to have the whole package to fully enjoy. I'll have to go check out the bandcamp page to listen to other tunes from this album. I'm basing my praise on one song, which I don't often do. I wanna hear more.

I read Ken at laser's will make the attempt to get physical copies. I only buy MP3 if there are no other options. THis seems like one of those releases you just have to have the whole package to fully enjoy. I'll have to go check out the bandcamp page to listen to other tunes from this album. I'm basing my praise on one song, which I don't often do. I wanna hear more.

Looks like the band's website is the only place to get the physical disc for the moment. However, Bandcamp usually offers lossless CD-quality (or higher) files, in addition to typical mp3s, which should work for the increasing percentage of people who rarely listen to physical CDs anymore.

Wow, I remember seeing this video a while ago, but I totally forgot about it, and didn't connect it with the song when I listened to the album, even though it's one of the better songs on it. Very powerful video. Definitely made for the song, well thought out and elevates it to a higher level.
The album itself has another 3-4 tracks on the same level or better. Pretty great.