New review of The Geart Cold Distance

Google Translation :Smug:

Three years after very contrasted Viva Emptiness, which transformed a little more still the very personal style already of Katatonia, here that the seventh album of the Swedes unloads, The Great Cold Distance. Always impresses these single sonorities, this album inserts the nail more righteously than its predecessor: it is here about the best disc of the group with certain Last Fair Deal Gone Down, fantastic album if he is. The Great Cold Distance door magnifiquement the standard of an atmospheric metal racé, sublimated by the rhythmic ones which became with the wire of the albums the trademark of a group, certainly always in margin of the total movement of the metal Swedish - it is by no means here about death melody, even less death old-school - but provided with a regard and an artistic integrity without fault. What is well with Katatonia, it is that one is sure to find these signatures of guitars at the same time so typical, single in their kind and yet so paradoxical (rhythmic crystalline doors and leads) giving their consistency to pieces with the short format (four minutes on average), but with the frozen and rather depressive atmosphere. magic "Soil' S Song" and its agreements, "My Twin" and its refrain transcending all that had been made until there from a melody point of view (the first true anthem of the group new era?), rough "the Leaders" (one finds the one moment there space the song death forsaken today), "Consternation" and "Rusted" (superb agreements in introduction and a seizing station-wagon of fulgurance), which marks here a wink amused towards the roots, really do not evolve/move, but renew the Katatonia style perfectly. It should be said that the inspiration is again of setting, much more than on Viva Emptiness, which sometimes let predict of a general undulation through tracklisting in teeth of saw, whereas here, environment, very homogeneous, and the compositions, considered and consistent, seek to invade the spirit rather ("Follower "and its base basse/battery of any beauty which slices again with a dantesque station-wagon) than to divert it. From where pieces épiques, racés (the caviar which is the low one of Norrman on this disc, finally mixed with its right value!), but more especially seemingly more accessible and more harmonious. The work of Jonas Renkse to the song never was besides also impresses of delicacy and feeling: very good point. Sublimated by the very limpid production and all in nuances of Jens Bogren (which officiated on the Opeth last), this disc ravira any amateur of environments cold, classieuses, strewn with fugacious flights of guitars but on-the-culfiantes. This opus contains one of them crowned package, between memorable melodies and the rhythmic sharp-edged ones, catching up with the relative maladroitess and the light proven redundancy of Viva Emptiness. I will not regret really any to formulate in connection with this new album, which are likely extremely to be a building bloc in the discography of Katatonia, where, mine of nothing, appear from now on some heads of work (Honest Murder Day, Last Fair Deal Gone Down, Tonight' S Decision); however the not-experts are not inevitably likely to hang to the universes and the sound always very particular of this group. Not real stylistic evolution, rather a reaffirmation of oneself while gumming the preceding errors of trajectory, but it is not so serious: the group is finally in total osmosis with its values (its, very personal, visual universe in perfect adequacy). One can from now on affirm it: Katatonia finally was. The way is very traced, now.

Are french people retarded? I knew they were from hell, but retarded?

I've talked to you before Daniel, in Milwaukee. You spoke very good english but when I spoke you had a dumbfounded look on your face.

-Vince

"The Great Cold Distance door magnifiquement the standard of an atmospheric metal racé..."

Öööhhh... yeah, of course, i agree with that too... ¿?¿?¿? I'm glad to see that the flesh and blood translators wont' be replaced by machines in a looong time...

google translator sucks balls...

the review itself is pretty cool...the translation is aweful
haven't touched french for nearly 3 years...I'm a little rusty.

I didn´t want to read reviews before listening to the album but..ok I was tempted and then it´s kind of interesting to hear all different opinions and point of views and then making your owns once you have listened to the album. In any case the review is pretty positive, I guess there are no kata negative reviews I have ever read!

French..I´ve been studying it for 8 years but I´m really bad at writing!
Anyways it is quite easy for us Italian.I remember at work a collegue used to speak our dialect with a french customer..and ha ah and they understood each other without problems! That was so hilarious!

Why all the people I have talked to never speak good words about French people??
I have a couple of very nice French friends and have been in France many times and liked it a lot...

paradoxile said:
google translator sucks balls...

I like it! This google dude seems to have a lot in common with me. And I agree with him about the low one of Norrman being caviar. This brings up the question which kind of food the high one of Norrman and the other boys are. Pommes frites? Baguettes? Croissants? Roquefort?

salisbury said:
I like it! This google dude seems to have a lot in common with me. And I agree with him about the low one of Norrman being caviar. This brings up the question which kind of food the high one of Norrman and the other boys are. Pommes frites? Baguettes? Croissants? Roquefort?

It actually says that Fred's Bass playing is like fine caviar...
*off topic*-"caviar" is also the nickname for bizzare sex where the partners shit in eachothers mouths...but I think the french guy meant balooga caviar
just makes more sence:D

ether said:
I didn´t want to read reviews before listening to the album but..ok I was tempted and then it´s kind of interesting to hear all different opinions and point of views and then making your owns once you have listened to the album. In any case the review is pretty positive, I guess there are no kata negative reviews I have ever read!

French..I´ve been studying it for 8 years but I´m really bad at writing!
Anyways it is quite easy for us Italian.I remember at work a collegue used to speak our dialect with a french customer..and ha ah and they understood each other without problems! That was so hilarious!

Why all the people I have talked to never speak good words about French people??
I have a couple of very nice French friends and have been in France many times and liked it a lot...

You're definitely brilliant Ether. You have to be to understand us.
:D