jipchen

ForesterStudio
Nov 17, 2008
Munich, Germany
www.facebook.com
Detailled info here: http://www.rme-audio.de/en_products_fireface_802.php

products_fireface_802_4.jpg

rme-audio.de said:
03/2014 The Fireface 802 renews RME's reputation built on the legendary Fireface 800

The brand new Fireface 802

60 channels of audio, high-end microphone preamps, reference class converters, a complete effects section and operation at up to 192 kHz are the base for many more features:

Ultra-low latency operation with USB or FireWire, combined with the legendary RME driver stability and maintenance. Active jitter suppression, individually switchable reference levels for all inputs and outputs, full stand-alone functionality, RME’s unique DIGICheck metering and analysis toolbox, and identical operation on Windows PC and Mac.

I kind of like the simplicity in the 800's TotalMix, but I guess more options are always nice.

Would have been better if they included USB3, like with the XT..

inputs 9-12 on the front. I'll never understand that. Also, FW400 device again. Come on!

I'm with you on the inputs but with a 28ch unit you really aren't going to see a huge difference between 400 and 800 or even USB for that matter. The drivers RME have written are as efficient and robust as the protocols will allow; that's why they have the best latency and stability of any FW/USB interface out there, with the exception of maybe Apogee who is on-par but has the benefit of not having to develop for Windows.