New rules awareness and comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

rahvin

keeper of the flame
Oct 10, 2001
safe but not far from the city
The new forum rules are up. Since the full version is quite long, I shortened it in a summary in the hope even the laziest among the new users will manage to get to the end. Then the unabridged version follows.

It goes without saying that the rules are not going to be open for discussion, but you can use this thread to post any comments or questions you may have, at least for a little while.

*never reads the rules, but left for Viceland, where he can do whatever the fuck he wants*

rules are way too long to read. no surprise then if people break them. nobody will ever spend 20 mins just to read them, imho.

I just did, for the first time since i joined this forum :lol:. Anyway, most of them are commen sense, and i didnt have to read them to know how i should better behave when i post ;)

i'm beyond rules.

fine, fine, i'll read them.

edit: i love the pineapple separator!

yes, ok. but those are common sense rules really.. almost all of them are actually.. there is no need to read them anyway :p

I wish I could share your optimism on this. Common sense is not that common, even though of course all of those who post and read with some attention and care never need rules in the first place.

I shortened it in a summary in the hope even the laziest among the new users will manage to get to the end
It is only a hope though ;)

Seriously, I believe that the way of moderation is a lot more important than the set of rules. But your style is a lot more active now and I like that a lot.

There's a need for "The whining thread", but I'm afraid 99,7% of activity will move up there till the next record.

"especially through low-content and offensive messages"

Now, since when my brilliance is discouraged to shine? Pity you I do.

common sense

"come on" wha?

And I actually pleasure myself to A. Lavigne... RACISTS! Wait, that's anti-Candian... I guess it's OK then.

Yeah, and when someone mistakes my unearthy wit for personal issues... well, I can't wait fro MO' DRAMA!!!

@plintus: Despite the recently-removed post, I think you know I find your style funny most of the times. It's just that you don't want to become a one-trick pony who only does that, and biting first replies are getting depressingly common.

@La Rocque: You're mentioning something that happened under different rules. If the new rules were identical to the old ones, what would be the point? I strongly suggest you concern with your own posts, from now on, and let those of others haunt the nights of the moderators alone.

@plintus: Despite the recently-removed post, I think you know I find your style funny most of the times. It's just that you don't want to become a one-trick pony who only does that, and biting first replies are getting depressingly common.

Nah, that was what I really thought :)

the rules are not too long to read i think, and the short version is, well, even shorter :p so if someone new isn't able to read that before disconnecting their brain or doesn't have a tiny bit of common sense about what to post he/she deserves to feel the wrath of the moderators.

@qrv: yeah! powermetalinking!

(and yes, this joke was originally made by rahvin, but it's so good that i feel compelled to make it again :lol: )

@rahvin: you forgot to include a link to the links thread in the sticky.

And many others, such as the movie thread. I did it on purpose, though, because I didn't want to make too long a list. The essential is there: stray links will be optimistically treated as intended discussions. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.