New Saxon site ... support needed

Rhapsody04

New Metal Member
Aug 7, 2004
hi everyone
I´m a longtime fan of Saxon (since 1980) and I think the time has come for me to pay something back. For that reason I just started a new website today at http://www.lturilli.de/saxon (the url later will be www.saxon-747.com). Please feel free to send me any kind of Saxon stuff you have on your comp ... I would be happy to add it to the site :) SAXON KILLS!!!!

best wishes
Karsten vom Wege

PS: I just started the site! It´s not finished ;)

You have made a nicely presented site....

However be wary about using copywritten material such as the biography, as the owners of such material would quite happily sue your a$$ off. I would also imaging that the owners of the name www.saxon747.com not being too happy with the similarity of the web name, and fact that it looks like you (Oliver/Dawson stylee...) are passing off the site name by just putting a "-" in the middle.

Just an observation, would be a shame to have your hard work ruined.

You´re right. I´m pretty sure that I will receive a very nice mail soon. Maybe by the management. I really don´t want to offend someone and at least not Saxon. I just think they could need a better site to promote themselfs better through the web like other bands does. I know exactly what I´m talking about since I´m working for some world famous metal bands as (web)designer. So let´s see what happens ;)

:worship: SAXON :worship:

MatRattz said:
You have made a nicely presented site....

However be wary about using copywritten material such as the biography, as the owners of such material would quite happily sue your a$$ off. I would also imaging that the owners of the name www.saxon747.com not being too happy with the similarity of the web name, and fact that it looks like you (Oliver/Dawson stylee...) are passing off the site name by just putting a "-" in the middle.

Just an observation, would be a shame to have your hard work ruined.

Lovely site, Mr Rhapsody - the band deserve more than just a couple of quality sites, and yours is a worthy addition!
However, Mr Rattz is talking sense, regarding the obtained information from other sources. I would firstly build a rapport with these people and I'm sure they would then have no problems allowing you access to their writing, photos etc. Having a law suit made against you may be a little extreme (although it is possible), but if you want to make the best site possible, it would be wise to gain the confidence and friendship of fellow fans.
All that aside, I think the site is looking great and look forward to the additional stuff being put on it soon. The site has been placed in my 'Favourites', so that means a daily check will be made!
Keep up the good work, OK? It really is a nice looking site so far, and it's jut in its infancy!
If only I could web design like that!

Yep nice lay out.

Why don't you ask if you could maybe do some imput into the official Saxon site, instead of starting a new website up? We all know Vince is a busy bloke, and the official Saxon website needs more time dedicated to it.