SAXON WEBSITE UPDATE

Jan 17, 2007
Hi all

This has just apeared on SAXONS website

SAXON RETURNS...

Celebrated Sheffield Rockers return for a special one-off homecoming gig at the Sheffield City Hall on January 26th followed by their brand new single
'If I Was You' released
On world-wide download on 20th January

The Big One Is Back!

Saxon, the iconic hard rock act which dominated the New Wave Of British Heavy Metal scene in the early 1980's along with Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Motörhead, Diamond Head and Def Leppard are returning for this one-off gig at Sheffield City Hall on January 26th with legendary promoter Harvey Goldsmith of The Who, Live 8 and Live Aid

Saxon whose title track of their album Denim and Leather was seen as an anthem of the early 1980s metal movement are British through and through and are returning with the band's full European production - including their legendary Eagle

Refreshed, re-charged and ready to rock, the mighty Saxon have a whole new sound and hunger after working with renowned producers Mark Wallis and David Ruffy of Razorlight, U2 and The Stranglers

Their brand new single 'If I Was You' - about gun culture - is released on SPV Records on January 20th and this will be closely followed by a celebrated 18th Studio album "The Inner Sanctum" released early in March

Their new album offers powerful sounds and ambitioned lyrics about Eastern Revolutions, British Kings and Queens and the attitude of Great Warriors.
At the same time, the lead vocalist Biff Byford displays an energy that's almost physically perceptible. Byford rightly explains: "The Inner Sanctum" is the most powerful album we've ever recorded." The following tour is the biggest tour the band has ever done in Europe!"

He also notes about their new single "I wrote the lyrics for our new single based on gun and knife crime having seen so many tragic stories of somebody getting knifed to death for a mobile phone and three quid or some young mother caught in the crossfire between two idiots with guns. "If I was you and you were me, would you live your life differently?"

If that's not enough, they are also going to mark the release of the new single on worldwide download, and their return to the British metal scene with an electrifying new Guinness World Record for 'Air Guitar' at Sheffield Wednesday Football Club on Saturday the 20th January

Have you got what it takes to make history and join around 30,000 strong fans at Hillsborough Stadium to rock out with the mighty Saxon?

The Guinness World Record and gig will also be part of a one hour special Channel 4 TV programme called 'Harvey Goldsmith Presents' which is set to air in April as part of a new six part series

'Saxon Returns' - 26th January 2007 - Sheffield City Hall Tickets Sheffield City Hall are £15.00 from 0114 2789789 or via www.aloud.com

Special Offer: 'It's a great save!'
As a thank you to all the fans for being part of a Guinness World Record, Saxon are going to offer everyone at Saturdays game the chance to purchase tickets to the Saxon show on the 26th January for £10 instead of £15. In order to receive this discount you must present your ticket stub or season ticket at the Sheffield City Hall box office in person from Sunday 21st onwards

(Subject to availability)

I have been reading the board with great interest regarding this channel 4 documentary etc. I did wonder wether the old air guitar record was a good move but now it seems that it is one hell of a piece of publicity for the band/sheffield gig. I presume the gig details will be printed in the match day programme so I am sure the the gig will be a sellout (or have I just cursed it!!!!!!)

Your not wrong mate.The Sheffield big teasers i dont think so.Are you going to Sheffield gig mate?

No :erk:

I've only just heard about it, and i don't drive.

So i would have to book a bed and breakfast, and buy some train tickets, and i would have to book the day off work (i have used all my holiday hours up till the new holiday year at the end of february) e.t.c.

Well, thats my excuse anyway lol :rolleyes:

It means paying to see a football match (I hate football!) , when I'll be at a real Saxon gig on the 26th!
could just wonder about outside the ground, maybe :lol:

I think the appearance at the Sheff Wed game could be a mistake,this is football supporters we are talking about,local tribal irrational predjudices,Saxon locally are considered a Barnsley band. At the recent Sheff Wed v Barnsley game at Hillsborough a Sheffield duo called Twins were greeted with a torrent of abuse from the Barnsley fans (after some provocation from the ill advised Twins)it got quite alot of publicity locally,but do they really want 25000 Wednesday fans chanting 'f@ck off back to Dingle land' on film.It might make for a good Spinal Tap moment ,if thats the aim.
If I was them I'd either not do it or run out with a blue and white shirt and scarf on .Lets hope it all goes well

No :erk:

I've only just heard about it, and i don't drive.

So i would have to book a bed and breakfast, and buy some train tickets, and i would have to book the day off work (i have used all my holiday hours up till the new holiday year at the end of february) e.t.c.

Well, thats my excuse anyway lol :rolleyes:

Lame excuses they are too! :lol: You must have known about the gig - we've had numerous threads on here about it, it was mentioned on the radio shows that Biff was on, etc, etc...the train can't cost THAT much from where you live, surely? You're not a million miles away! And the gig is at night, so no day off work required...but hey, if you don't wanna go, you only have to say so..... :D

Lame excuses they are too! :lol: You must have known about the gig - we've had numerous threads on here about it, it was mentioned on the radio shows that Biff was on, etc, etc...the train can't cost THAT much from where you live, surely? You're not a million miles away! And the gig is at night, so no day off work required...but hey, if you don't wanna go, you only have to say so..... :D

Well, i would need the day of work cos i would have to set off quite early.
I would have to get a bus to leeds which takes an hour, and i think it takes about an hour and a half to get to Sheffield. Then i would need to get to the B n B etc.
I honestly does take quite a long time, and its not cheap (i bought a new laptop pc a couple of weeks ago so i dont want to spend too much money right now). Im quite poor you know :(

Well, i would need the day of work cos i would have to set off quite early.
I would have to get a bus to leeds which takes an hour, and i think it takes about an hour and a half to get to Sheffield. Then i would need to get to the B n B etc.
I honestly does take quite a long time, and its not cheap (i bought a new laptop pc a couple of weeks ago so i dont want to spend too much money right now). Im quite poor you know :(

Oh, go on then - I'll let you off!! :lol:

well, if i had a friend, and if that friend had a car, and if that friend also likes Saxon, i would go :lol:

Damn. The chances of having a friend who likes Saxon and who also has a car are pretty slim...unless, of course, you're MY friend! :D But, unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your view point! lol) for you, I live on t'other side of the Snake Pass from you...them's the breaks, as they say! :lol: I'm sure we'll all raise a glass and drink to absent friends next Friday :)