New shit ! tell me what you guys think!

The song is pretty muddy imo and it lacks a lot of presence. This could probably be pretty easy to fix if you just cut out some of the low mids and boost the hi end.
The guitars sounds slightly out of tune but thats kinda off topic.

The song is pretty muddy imo and it lacks a lot of presence. This could probably be pretty easy to fix if you just cut out some of the low mids and boost the hi end.
The guitars sounds slightly out of tune but thats kinda off topic.

Thanks man idk I'm having a load of trouble with this mix. Thanks for that! How are the drums and bass?

Some things that stick out to me: the snare sounds a bit too loud and artificial & the toms could use some more warmth and less click, they tend to come across as high-end snaps - the guitars sound good but could use some work to get them away from that pod farm scratchiness, using some external cabinet impulses through an IR loader and EQing in some more mid-area warmth could help get you a warmer & more organic-sounding tone.

Sounds better on the second sample but it still sounds a bit muddy to me. I think you have to work on the guitars since they tend to occupy a lot of frequencies, especially in the higher mids u should probably cut some there.

Sounds good but i think the mix lacks some width. Do u use any stereo imager? I use S1 Stereo Imager in my master bus and it really helps to widen and separate the guitars.

Sounds good but i think the mix lacks some width. Do u use any stereo imager? I use S1 Stereo Imager in my master bus and it really helps to widen and separate the guitars.

actually dude ive never used that or any stereo imager before on a master. Got to try it.

Sounding good, there is something wrong with the low end though. The composition is good too. Bass tone is killer, just needs a bit of taming! What gear did you use for bass?

Unfortunately it is Texas grind, this is all one guy I recorded. I really wish I can get some bands with bad ass equipment. But whatevs

Do it, my guitars sounds so much better with a Stereo Imager. Dont use too much though, i use 1.40 width on the S1 Imager.

That has to kill the mono compatibility though :/ lately I've been trying to avoid stereo imagers completely. I do my final widening on the master bus with a m/s eq high shelf on the sides if necessary. Perhaps I need to try S1 though. All of the imagers I've tried were too damaging in mono.

What's wrong with the low end? Anything specific?
The kick and bass are in the way of each other, and it sounds like you are pushing too much low in the kick, it has that flabby distortion

I wouldn't avoid stereo imaging completely (although you could probably go through life without it) but I don't hear people recommend using S1 on their master often and it's for a reason. It sorta remind me of the idea of tossing maxxbass on your master bus(?), the idea that if it works on individual tracks it should work on the master makes no sense to me. If you want to make your guitars wider, you could use it mildly on your guitar bus... but it's not going to make any radical difference -in fact- it probably works better to clear some space when you feel like your sides are getting to busy. The mix sounds good though! I'd like to hear an upadate with some vocals on it :) I stopped working on my essay to pitch in... so if I don't get an A, you guys are responsible!

I use both S1 and MaxxBass on my master bus :p But i ofc use it moderate. And there's a lot of big producers who use Stereo Imager on the master bus.