Univers Zero - Implosion
Zappa - The Grand Wazoo
Zappa - Jazz From Hell
Anodyne - Lifetime Of Gray Skies
Trevor Dunn's Trio Convulsant
Herbie Hancock - Headhunters
Mahavishnu Orchestra - Birds Of Fire
Melt Banana - Cell-Scape

Relapse Contamination Festival DVD (excellent production quality)
Mastodon and Neurosis (HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!)

If I had a girlfriend at the moment this list probably wouldn't exist.

The arts.....Mankind's one redeeming quality.

Hey, pretty spiffy list dude. I was just at the Relapse website and noticed the new Mastodon "Leviathan" is coming out the 31st of this month and the new Pig Destroyer "Terrifyer" is coming out in October. sweeeeeett!

same here, I'd like to see the Mastadon part too though.

I got the new Esoteric last week and it's not as "ugly" as I expected.

pretty awesome nevertheless.

Yea, the $25 was worth the Neurosis alone. And they're the only ones from the festival who edited in visuals which made a nice touch. I'ts only 4 songs from each band but well worth the money I thought.

Neurosis are the KINGS.

xfer...I have decided that I want the singer from Melt Banana to have my love child. Cell Scape puts a smile on my face every time I listen to it.
I've been contemplating moving to Japan to teach English for Aeoncorp. I bought some books on their culture/etiquette/kata and am in research mode right now.

In large part because I'm engaged so I don't need to listen to that shit to get chicks.

... and even if I DID want to meet chicks, most of the Emo girls look like that one from Ghost World but not hot enough to bang Steve Buscemi.

I noticed many people go apeshit over the "innovative" bands on the Relapse roster.

I love Remission, but I heard a little bit of the new one and it wasn't too spectacular.

Relapse has a lot of good stuff lately.

There's stuff that's hyped and falls short, like The End, The Red Chord and Scarlet (I think they are all on relapse)

but then there's a lot of stuff that I consider to be the best metal records being put out the last couple of years, like the new Dillinger, that Burst album, Neurosis, Nasum, Mastadon, etc.

saw The Esoteric last night (from kansas, not just plain esoteric of course)- ex Coalesce guitarist and ex-Today is the Day drummer. really good stuff. the new ep is a precursor to the album that comes out in early 2005. not thoroughly groundbreaking maybe, but it is thoroughly enjoyable.