New shit

In my experience it is hard to pinpoint a song in Neurosis' discography, and it is quite diverse. Starting with the new one would be a good idea, The Eye of Every Storm, since it is one of the easiest to get into. Then I would fall back to Times of Grace and Tribes fo Neurot's Grace which are meant to be played simultaneously. Then everything else is different but equally good. The Jarboe collaboration is very, very good but is not really representative of the rest of the output.

Yea, what mindspell said...true dat. Alot of it just depends on what floats your boat. I still think Enemy of the Sun and Through Silver in Blood are two of the darkest, apocalyptic, heaviest, most frightening albums of all time since the beginning of mankind.

Has anybody actually gotten into the new Today is the Day "Kiss The Pig"?
I am a huge TITD fan but something happened to Steve after "In the eyes of God" era. To be blunt......his mixes/production have gone to shit. I recently sold Kiss The Pig because I don't want anything in my cd collection that sounds that horrible. I've heard better mixes from 8 track recordings when I was in high school in the 80's. I really would like to know what the fuck is going on. Are his ears fucked? If I was Matt (Executive producer/Relapse President) I would've thrown that piece of shit back at Steve and said something like "Steve, I love your music but I'm bringing in Billy Anderson or Steve Albini to take over the production duties. You just need to write/play your guitar/and scream your heart out. I've also checked out a few other bands that he recorded/mixed over the last 4 or 5 years.....they sound like shit also. WTFF???

The new Neurosis is amazing. Up until a couple of weeks ago I was listening to it about 3 times a day.

neurosis still rule. oldest wine remains the best... jarboe collaboration is awesome, and the eye is flawless also.
i have listened to times of grace & grace simultaneously couple of times, and after that really nothing remains the same (cliche i know but i'm so fucking tired right now).

anyone into ghost - hypnotic underworld? have been listening to that one for quite some time.
and the last year's envy (a dead sinking story). and new sigur ros ep. both good.