New Singer and Drummer for MASTERPLAN

Jorn's great, but he was trying to make the band too melodic, and should've left after the 2nd album, which he did, not up to the power of the 1st. Hopefully they'll get up to speed again no pun intended. :kickass:

Braxil said:
I honestly don't see where you're coming from. The only songs I could even imagine being on The Battle would be After this War or I'm Not Afraid or something...no way could I hear Crimson Rider, Wounds, or Black in the Burn on that disc.

again: couldn't have said it better!

Braxil,
all I've got to do is to copy your posts in this thread and sign them: Right! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

I saw Mike fronting the Lizards, I'm pretty sure they opened for Uli Jon Roth on his last tour. He was the only thing that was good in the band, he was solid and decent voice, however nothing above ordinary, he also played the keys too (added bonus). I'm sure if I saw him with a better band I would of liked his performance more.

Um it has come to my attention that Uli wrote Enlighten Me, Black in the Burn, Crimson Rider, and Spirit Never Die. I don't know what else he wrote, but he wrote these, and they're some of Masterplan's best songs as far as I'm concerned. This does not bode well for the future.

Also, nobody has addressed something else; can the new guys make faces like these?

86E926D4-4284.jpg

I don't think so.

Great photo!! :)

I get a certain feeling that they ruined it. All of them - Masterplan, Jorn and Uli's solo projects as well - will do nice music in the future, but they won't even come close to what they could have achieved if they had stayed together. :mad:
I'll never understand them. They could have done their solo stuff nevertheless.

Well I know Jorn's reason, he wants to do stuff more like what's on The Duke, which is drastically different from both Masterplan and his old solo material. We'll have to see what's wrong with Uli though...

Edit: In addition to it being a funny photo, it was a great show :)

Braxil said:
In addition to it being a funny photo, it was a great show :)

This I can easily believe! Where did you see them live?
We tried to go everywhere they played within reach. Geez, the time we had them was much too short!! :cry:

Of course, I see that there is no sense in Jorn making music he doesn't dig anymore. He explained that, and I sure understand his point of view. Still, I doubt that he will be around for long, if he does more stuff similar to "The Duke". It doesn't appeal to his former prog fans nor to the Masterplan fans really. I don't think it sold as much as the Masterplan albums (even blessed singers have to earn money for their livings), and it reminds me way too much of David Coverdale. Even though Jorn is a better singer - we already have the original! With what Jorn did in the past, he was unique. With what he did at the PP, he was mostly taking over the style of somebody else. Which I was very sorry about.

I haven't heard about Uli's reasons yet. Whatever he will say, I guess, it doesn't matter anymore. The Masterplan we used to know is gone. And "Beautiful Sin" cannot replace it either.

Braxil said:
I saw them at this fest: http://www.mastersofrock.cz/en/kapely.php?check=1 and yes, I made the trip just for that, lol.
Edit: I might add that upon retrospect it's hilarious Masterplan went on right after Whitesnake that night :D

I heard about this Masterplan show (and that it ALMOST made Jorn change his mind!). Must have been a spectacular event! :headbang: :kickass: :headbang:
And yes, I thought they deserved to play as the headliner.
So sorry we couldn't go there! :cry:
You didn't really come all the way from L.A. only to see them, did you? (Not that we ourselves hadn't done crazy things like that as well...)

We saw the very last Masterplan show with Jorn and Uli in Lokeren (Belgium).
We knew that it was a Good-bye show, but at that time we hadn't dreamt that we might lose Uli, too! Which I even find harder to take than losing Jorn. Or maybe it's just because we knew right from the start that Jorn wouldn't stay forever anyway.

Maybe they surprise us all by creating a smashing Masterplan-, a fabulous Jorn- and an incredible Uli-CD... o_O o_O o_O

I really did. I first got interested in the fest when I saw Helloween, Gamma Ray and Edguy on the same bill. Then the news came about Kai playing with Helloween. Then Jorn's departure, which kinda sucked. Then the news he'd play the show, then I was sold. I went through a LOT to get there, but it was an experience I'll never forget. The love for Masterplan in the air that night was really incredible. The band seemed in total peace on stage too, nobody watching would have guessed that Jorn was only going to play one more show. I'll never forget what Jorn said to us either: "Don't let the spirit die." :(

Where did you hear it almost made him change his mind? I talked to Jorn's keyboardist at Progpower and he did mention that Jorn "kept talking about the show" but I never heard anything like that, I would have screamed louder if it meant a chance those guys would have stayed together.

How was Lokerfeesten? (I hope i spelled it right). I saw a video/interview of it online and Jorn didn't seem too passionate in his performance (the clips were of Love is a Rock and Soulburn), what's your opinion? Also if we could share setlists that'd be great, here's mine, the order is way off, I apologize.

Crimson Rider
Wounds
Kind Hearted Light
Roland Grapow Solo (Future World/I Want Out/The Chance/Eagle Fly Free/The Winner (or Paganini's 24th Caprice, it's the same thing :p))
Soulburn
Spirit Never Die
After this War or I´m Not Afraid (can't remember for the life of me)
Crystal Night
When Love Comes Close
Love is a Rock
Future World (a variation of it without vocals that lasted about a minute)
Enlighten Me
Back For My Life
Heroes
Crawling From Hell / Black in the Burn

Highlights of the show were definately Wounds, Crimson Rider, Heroes, and the very end of the show with Black in the Burn.

Maybe your setlist can help me figure out the order of mine a little too.

I've figured out the order of the setlist (thanks sarawi):

Crimson Rider
Crystal Night
Wounds
Kind Hearted Light
I'm Not Afraid
When Love Comes Close
Enlighten Me
Roland Grapow Solo (Future World/I Want Out/The Chance/Eagle Fly Free/The Winner)
Soulburn
Love Is a Rock
Spirit Never Die
After This War
Heroes
Back For My Life
Crawling From Hell/Black in the Burn

Still don't know when they did the Future World thing....but I found some excellent pics someone else took: http://redwolf.praktyczny.pl/masterplan.htm
Roland's reaction to Jorn's leaving: :p
DSC_0378.jpg

Braxil said:
Roland's reaction to Jorn's leaving

Oooh, I DO love this photo!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
Remember: you could sure watch this guy play!!

2007 Tour with SAXON and ROSE TATTOO:

Feb. 28 - UK Glasgow Garage (2)
Mar. 02 - UK Belfast Spring & Airbrake (2)
Mar. 03 - IRL Dublin Temple Bar Music Centre (2)
Mar. 04 - UK Manchester Academy 2 (2)
Mar. 06 - UK Wolverhampton Civic Hall (1)
Mar. 07 - UK Nottingham Rock City (1)
Mar. 08 - UK Cardiff Coal Exchange (1)
Mar. 09 - UK London Astoria (2)

Mar. 10 - B Antwerpen Hof Ter Lo (2) :headbang:
Mar. 11 - NL Amsterdam Paradiso (2) :headbang:
Mar. 13 - GER Köln Live Music Hall (1) :headbang:
Mar. 14 - GER Oberhausen Turbinenhalle (1) :headbang:

Mar. 15 - GER Hamburg Markthalle (2)
Mar. 16 - GER Berlin Huxleys Neue Welt (1)
Mar. 17 - GER Leipzig Werk 2 (1)
Mar. 18 - GER Lichtenfels Stadthalle (1)
Mar. 20 - GER Stuttgart Longhorn / LKA (2)
Mar. 21 - SWI Pratteln Z7 (2)
Mar. 22 - F Toulouse Havana Cafe (2)
Mar. 23 - ES TBA TBA (2)
Mar. 24 - ES TBA TBA (2)
Mar. 25 - ES TBA TBA (2)
Mar. 26 - ES TBA TBA (2)
Mar. 27 - PT Porto Hard Club (2)
Mar. 29 - F Lyon Transbordeur (2)
Mar. 30 - F Paris Elysee Montmartre (2)
Apr. 12 - GER Saarbrücken Garage (2)
Apr. 13 - GER Langen Stadthalle (2)
Apr. 14 - GER München Große Elser Halle (2)
Apr. 15 - ITA Mailand Alcatraz (2)
Apr. 17 - ITA Rome Alpheus (2)
Apr. 20 - GRE Athens Gagarin 205 (2)
Apr. 21 - GRE Thessaloniki Ydrogeios (2)
Apr. 22 - BLG Sofia TBA (2)
Apr. 24 - SER Beograd SKC (2)
Apr. 25 - CRO Zagreb Boogaloo Club (2)
Apr. 26 - HUN Budapest Petofi Hall (2)
Apr. 27 - AUT Wien Planet Music (2)
Apr. 28 - CZ Zlin Hala Novesta (2)
Apr. 29 - PL Krakow Club Studio (2)
Apr. 30 - PL Warszawa Stodola (2)
May 03 - EE Tallinn Rock Cafe (2)
May 04 - RUS St. Petersburg DS Jubileiny (2)
May 05 - FIN Helsinki Tavastia (2)
May 07 - SWE Umea Idun / Folkets Hus (2)
May 08 - SWE Stockholm Arenan (2)
May 09 - N Oslo Rockefeller (2)
May 10 - SWE Göteborg Trädgarn (2)
May 11 - SWE Malmö KB (2)

May 12 - GER Osnabrück Halle Gartlage (2)

(1) MASTERPLAN + ROSE TATTOO + Guest
(2) MASTERPLAN + Guest

Did anyone check out that Mikeyla EP - Glorious ?

Recorded at Pama Studio 1 by Mankan Sendenberg, co poduced by Uli Kusch, Ronny Milianovic and Joacim Cans april 2006
for Pama recods

Hempo Hilden: Drums
Mankan Sendenberg: Guitar
Uli Kusch: Programming
Victor Broden: Bass

Vocals:
Mikeyla / Ralf Scheepers / Ronny Milianowicz / Joacim Cans / Hammerfall / Uli Kusch / Tobias Sammet / Timo Kotipelto / Roland Grapow / Oscar Dronjak / Nobby Norberg / Nils Kvale / Victor Broden / Hempo Hilden / Edu Falaschi / Leszek Szpigiel

1.Glorious
2.Glorious (solide metal version)
3.Glorious (Karaoke version)
4.Calling
5.Glorious
(Video Dokumentation)

sarawi said:
Did anyone check out that Mikeyla EP - Glorious ?

Recorded at Pama Studio 1 by Mankan Sendenberg, co poduced by Uli Kusch, Ronny Milianovic and Joacim Cans april 2006
for Pama recods

Hempo Hilden: Drums
Mankan Sendenberg: Guitar
Uli Kusch: Programming
Victor Broden: Bass

Vocals:
Mikeyla / Ralf Scheepers / Ronny Milianowicz / Joacim Cans / Hammerfall / Uli Kusch / Tobias Sammet / Timo Kotipelto / Roland Grapow / Oscar Dronjak / Nobby Norberg / Nils Kvale / Victor Broden / Hempo Hilden / Edu Falaschi / Leszek Szpigiel

1.Glorious
2.Glorious (solide metal version)
3.Glorious (Karaoke version)
4.Calling
5.Glorious
(Video Dokumentation)

Of course, Nils Kvale is none other than Nils K rue of Pagans Mind. I also bought the Japan version of Glorious which is basically the EP plus her newer full length CD all in one. Some really lame pop songs but a few killer hard rockers as well. The song LIES is great!

Former MASTERPLAN drummer Uli Kusch has commented on his departure from the band, explaining that "we haven't inspired each other anymore," according to a press release. "And without inspiration it is not possible anymore to make music together."

Uli will concentrate on his new band BEAUTIFUL SIN with plans to release a new album in 2007.

Well you sure inspired the hell out of me! :(