New singer in Nightwish (Floor Jansen)

Epica doesnt sound nothing like nightwish. Just because they have a woman and they play symphonic metal doesnt mean they are similar. It´s like saying that judas priest and iron maiden sound the same because both play heavy metal.

I hate Epica.
I hate every Nightwish ripoff there is out there. And it's not because I'm pro-Nightwish but I hate fucking copycats.

And I absolutely vomit on this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGgY8nm22UE

The bolded part sort of assumes Nightwish created the style. While I'll say that Nightwish were an early innovator in the female fronted symphonic metal world, Within Temptation also started in 1996 and technically released their first album Enter prior to Angels Fall First and one could also argue that bands like Theater of Tragedy did the quasi-operatic vocals years before Nightwish with Liv Kristine. I'd probably also put Epica and it's consistent use of beauty and the beast vocalizations more in the ToT camp than Nightwish. Modern Epica is much more progressive oriented than Nightwish would ever dream of being so once again they are far from a Nightwish "copycat" as you call them.

As for Floor Jansen, while once again they have the similarity of being a female fronted symphonic metal band, they were always more in the gothic camp and but also wrote about completely different topical matter then faeries, elves, and Broadway musical subjects common in Nightwish's catalog. I'll give you a certain commonality between Epica and After Forever since Mark Jansen has been the primary songwriter for both, he has always mixed in a variety of stylings to the music he writes - using a much greater variety of metal sub-genres than Tuomas Holopainen ever has in Nightwish.

With the whole "copycat" theme you seem to despise so much I'd imagine you have a pretty hard time with almost every record released in the last 10 years since the majority of modern metal is from a pretty simple cut, copy, paste methodology with limited true originality existing in very few bands these days. Personally I've always been a believer in the fact that almost every great riff has already been written - were all just slowing them down, speeding them up, or simply joining them together in differing ways. What really counts as originality these days? Me, I just appreciate when a band does what they do well regardless whether they are the innovators or simply doing something that already existed in an enjoyable fashion.

As always, individual mileage may vary.

Epica doesnt sound nothing like nightwish. Just because they have a woman and they play symphonic metal doesnt mean they are similar. It´s like saying that judas priest and iron maiden sound the same because both play heavy metal.

Amen brother!!! +1

Jind dont forget Therion and the album Theli with operatic/orchestral elements and they did it even before anyone knew who were Nightwish.

Funny so many people are like "this new random chick sings cool" as if she hasn't been singing and touring with After Forever since.. forever. Great singer, great butt, great choice for Nightwish to get her

Yeah I new she was singing for Afterforever, the problem is that band is not really as famous as nightwish.
Anyway we're all agree about her butt lol
fine ass

ahaha I love these cowboy pants
floor-jansen-2007-masters-of-rock-450px.jpg

Fuck off

Simone Simmonds gets so moist when she listens to Tarja, it rains pussy juice like in a tropical forest. So it's clear she wanted to do like her idol and therefor started singing with that operatic voice on boring tunes. Didn't inspire me much. Haven't listened to Epica in years but what I'd heard back then was, huh.. boring.

Yeaaah... Way to prove his point :lol:

Fuck off

Simone Simmonds gets so moist when she listens to Tarja, it rains pussy juice like in a tropical forest. So it's clear she wanted to do like her idol and therefor started singing with that operatic voice on boring tunes. Didn't inspire me much. Haven't listened to Epica in years but what I'd heard back then was, huh.. boring.

<sarcasm /on>;)

Sound more like someone has a hard-on for Tarja. :cry:

You never really responded to my observation about your thoughts on "copy cats" and how it relates to almost all modern metal, or music for that part? You must really have a small list of listenable bands and I'd really be interested to hear what you consider "original". :popcorn:

With your logic, only "originators" can be counted as good at a particular style (even though I'm pretty sure we've already laid out the differences and limited similarities between all these female fronted bands). Perhaps you just have a thing for Tuomas Holopainen - are you one of those "he can do no wrong" types? Go check out the Nightwish forums where people seem to weep daily over his "everything".

If you don't like anyone but Nightwish with Tarja it's OK - I'm sure we'll get over it. If you simply have a dislike of Simone Simons/Epika (perhaps she turned you down or didn't respond to your request for an autograph :popcorn: :lol:), that's OK too. But your not doing a great job convincing others that because Nightwish are, by your definition, the originators of a style that everything else is crap. Debate skills = fail. All I see is a love affari with Tarja and a extreme dislike of Simone Simons. But as I said - it's OK - we'll get over it.

<sarcasm /off>

Countdown to my own personal "Fuck Off" 10... 9... 8... 7.........

Fuck off

Yet again, stop making such dumb comments.
It's great that you like Nightwish, and it's ok that you "hate" Epica. But it's not a freaking contest.

Nightwish was not the first band in their genre/style, bands like The Gathering and Theatre Of Tragedy were already doing this sort of things when Nightwish didn't even exist.

6... 5... 4... 3......<sarcasm/ OK, it's still on - I lied>

Let's be honest here, I wouldn't bang Tarja unless at least a 3 digit amount of dollars were involved. On the other hand, I would pay much more to have my way with Simone, so FUCK OFF TO YOU SIR

I'd totally nail her ... I have a thing for chicks with big square heads and hers looks like a fuckin mini-fridge sitting on her neck

I'd totally nail her ... I have a thing for chicks with big square heads and hers looks like a fuckin mini-fridge sitting on her neck

Hmmmmm... she does have a big head. But truth be told, it does nothing for me. Different strokes for different...:loco: