New Single "Rusted Nail"

Some of the comments on the YouTube Video :D

"In Flames you just got worse and worse in recent years.
Yeah ignore me all you want but I am saying what every other true fan is thinking"

"In Flames need to commit seppku to repent for the unforgivable crime of going pop music since 2002."

"There was a lot of hype for this video but literally nothing happens in it. It is like a live show without the crowd and other cool elements."

"Ah just want i needed, a new passenger single"

"i thought it was a korn or linkin park song at first"

"What is this In Flames you speak of? I thought the band died in 2002"

"Oh god the more I play this song the more it hurts, kinda like a rusted nail going into my brain. Funny that."

"Listening to this now you wouldn't think that these guys invented Melodic death metal because this is far from it, i'm so disappointed"

"WTF happened to you In Flames?! WHAT IS THIS??"

"Korn Love & Meth?"

"R.I.P In Flames :/"

"One word: Commercial!"

Well received... :D

It actually would fit in pretty well on a Passenger album - and it'd be better received that way. It's maybe not so surprising that these influences are coming into In Flames with Anders and Engelin both involved.

That might be but that interview from a few days ago said Engelin didn't really write much. Or maybe it said he didn't write anything but did record a little.

It actually would fit in pretty well on a Passenger album - and it'd be better received that way. It's maybe not so surprising that these influences are coming into In Flames with Anders and Engelin both involved.

Anders has been involved somewhat in the songwriting since he first joined. Maybe not that much riffs. He did apparently do some additional percussion on Whoracle, whatever that means.

Niclas didn't write anything at all on Siren Charms either, he just recorded. In that recent Björn interview he said he had riffs that were more ''niclas-like'' that he had come up with that Niclas would be much better suited to record in the studio also.

Niclas may not have written anything personally but who's to say he isn't influencing the musical direction of the band somewhat? I'd say it's plausible, regardless of his actual involvement in the creative process. Bjorn himself may be somewhat influenced by Niclas' presence.

Anders meanwhile should be nowhere near the creative process... I don't want an entire album consisting of Through Oblivion/The Chosen Pessimist hybrids, thanks.