New Slayer track....

Well they certainly reached one milestone here.

It begs the question... How is there room for their solos to actually get worse from what they were before?

oprah-shakng-her-head.gif

dont get all the hate, the intro is boring indeed but when the fast riff kicks in, sound very slayer to me.

Anyway I was never a fan of the band. Still sounds like a thrash masterpiece in comparison to new metallica song.

I wasn't really disappointed. Haven't cared much for anything they've done since Seasons anyway...so this may have been a slight improvement.

Never been a fan of slayer and this doesn't change my mind. However, apart from the mediocre mix and the guitars being too loud, they do sound awesome imo.

As a fan of Slayer from Reign In Blood to Divine Intervention, I find this "okay". I wouldn't buy it as a single, but if it was one of the "filler"-albumtracks, I'd be alright with it.

It's so weird that while everything is "okay", they can't seem to come up with one single really cool idea anymore ...

I genuinely like some of their classic stuff - with some other pieces it's more nostalgia. Thought Christ Illusion was pretty good when it came out. Listened to it again the other day and didn't make it through the whole album... On this song I like the fast Verse riff but overall it's pretty lame.

It's funny, I interviewed Kerry once and there is one particular piece of the conversation I'll probably remember forever:

Setting: About 7-10 journalists sitting across from Kerry (w/ sunglasses at around 9 pm indoors :D ) and sticking their microphones into his face. As far as I could tell all of them were die hard Slayer fans who were not even thinking about asking a single controversial question. And then there's me... :D

Kerry: (Rambling something about the then new album) With a Slayer record you always know what you get. We never fail to deliver.
Me: Oh come on, what about Got hates us all?
Kerry: Yeah, you're right, that was shit.

#pwnd :D

I genuinely like some of their classic stuff - with some other pieces it's more nostalgia. Thought Christ Illusion was pretty good when it came out. Listened to it again the other day and didn't make it through the whole album... On this song I like the fast Verse riff but overall it's pretty lame.

It's funny, I interviewed Kerry once and there is one particular piece of the conversation I'll probably remember forever:

Setting: About 7-10 journalists sitting across from Kerry (w/ sunglasses at around 9 pm indoors :D ) and sticking their microphones into his face. As far as I could tell all of them were die hard Slayer fans who were not even thinking about asking a single controversial question. And then there's me... :D

Kerry: (Rambling something about the then new album) With a Slayer record you always know what you get. We never fail to deliver.
Me: Oh come on, what about Got hates us all?
Kerry: Yeah, you're right, that was shit.

#pwnd :D

Hahaha that's funny, cause I really like GHUA, I guess it's cause it's the first Slayer album I bought and I was an impressionable 15 year old metalhead.

This song isn't too bad, the intro is lame but the fast parts are cool, although as most have said, nothing special, just super generic slayer, and the chorus is kind of lame too.