Awwww yissssss Opeth

yeah its like that in the beginning of the song. But from 2:02 on its more of that old familiar opeth territory that i enjoy. they haven't done the layered vocal thing in a while and it totally reminds me of mayh/still life. i really hope we get more melodic parts like this on the album.

I preordered like 10 minutes after it was up, I'm not a huge fan of this cusp of eternity song, but I decided I won't hear more until I have the album. I might not like it, but I can't not buy it, I have all their albums, I'm too much of a conpletist to break the chain. I still hope I'll love it though, I really really enjoy heritage, still listen to it often, as much as it doesn't compare to the masterpieces of Still Life, Blackwater Park or Ghost Reveries.

I preordered like 10 minutes after it was up, I'm not a huge fan of this cusp of eternity song, but I decided I won't hear more until I have the album. I might not like it, but I can't not buy it, I have all their albums, I'm too much of a conpletist to break the chain. I still hope I'll love it though, I really really enjoy heritage, still listen to it often, as much as it doesn't compare to the masterpieces of Still Life, Blackwater Park or Ghost Reveries.

That are pretty much my thoughts, too :) Definitly gonna buy it, it'll hopefully surprise myself.

/edit: Just listened to Eternal Rains Will Come again, and that part from 2:00 is really beautiful. I also really dig the multi-layered vocals. Hope more songs like that will be on the album.

Somewhere along the way they completely lost the ability to write a damn song. You can't just combine random parts and say "Yeah that sounds cool" and release it. Bitches be needing transitions and musical coherence.

That said, these are some of the best melodies and most interesting songs since Ghost Reveries, which sort of offsets how badly written some of it is.

edit: also, they put the two worst songs on the album at the very beginning, then released one of them as a single. okie dokie.

I agree with you two on most of the material. That being said i think the final track "Faith in others" is a masterpiece.

Somewhere along the way they completely lost the ability to write a damn song. You can't just combine random parts and say "Yeah that sounds cool" and release it. Bitches be needing transitions and musical coherence.

That said, these are some of the best melodies and most interesting songs since Ghost Reveries, which sort of offsets how badly written some of it is.

edit: also, they put the two worst songs on the album at the very beginning, then released one of them as a single. okie dokie.

Well, the quality of their transictions it´s subjective for different people who listen. I think there are much worse transitions in their prime albuns, like the song blackwater park, it has the most akward transitions, a clean section in the middle that sounds really out of place. Anyway, I think it´s this that make the band unique and intersting.

I heard also the album today, cant say I was bothered by the transitions but cant say the same about songwriting, there are really some unispiring moments there but to me more strange than that is that they now seem a normal band with standard song strutures, that is very akward. They are embrancing a much more conformism with easy melodies, wich make them quite boring.