New song and mixing tech.

lepersmeesa

Badman rudeboy
Apr 10, 2005
London
www.myspace.com
Hey guys,

the final song for our demo has been finished and is now on our myspace.

www.myspace.com/thesafetyfire . The song is called The Hold, and would really appreciated some comments on the mix and the song itself. This is i suppose the "ballad" of the demo ( i use that term loosely ).

This song has around 20-25 tracks and was running short on CPU power ( comp was crashing every 30 secs...). So rather then doing what i usually do of having plugins on each track seperately i used buss's for my vocal reverbs delay, and drum reverbs. Was quite interesting, but really cant wait for my new recording setup.

Thanks in advance.

I apologise for the myspace quality. Here is a ysi link but im guessing it wont be there for long.

actually this is not an "alternate technique" or anything, it is the normal way. one drum reverb loaded into an aux track, using busses to send each drum a bit to the verb... one plug-in instance, multiple tracks being sent to it via sends assigned to the same bus. loading a separate plug in for each track, when they are using they same verb, is pointless and wasteful of resources even if you have a very powerful system.