New song at "mp3 of the month"

Gurgelguff

Rock tonajt
Nov 17, 2001
Sweden
www.dagswano.st
At my www.tomnouga.com site you can download a mega rare
cover of a song by the band "Dust". A hardrock trio from early -70
who made two albums "Dust" and "Hardattack" this tracks is from the first album and it´s called: "From a dry camel". The singer and guitarplayer later produced "Kiss" first two albums and the drummer found fame in "Ramones" as "Marky"
We recorded this track in -98 for a Black Mark tribute but it went nowhere and we thought the only existing copy of the session ( a crappy tape )were gone forever. Recently i moved to a new house and in the middel of the chaos i found the tape ! I edited some bits, added a guitarsolo and that´s it. It´s very raw. If you listen you can hear Dan breathig between verses. It´s a guide vocals only. Good but rough. Actully the songs was in the wrong key for his voice and that´s one of the reasons it was dropped. Now i think it sounds fine. We recorded a complicated drumfill on a seperate track but when it was lost we forgot about the track..until now.
Enjoy ! ;)

wow great song , i like the bass , the solo is nice too , dans vox are good too. Good stuff , thanx for putting it up.

There used to be this weird obscure band from Arizona called Dust... was noisy industrial stuff with scruffy whispered vocals... they eventually became Lycia (if anyone has heard of them). I though there for a moment that someone other than me listened to them... but I was wrong... cool tune though... always fun to get the "behind the music" story form the band.