New song

what does "djentie" mean exactly? I think I know but maybe i'm wrong. How would you describe it? What pickups did you use in this song? What post processing was done? Was it boosted with a ts? Are you still using that harley benton ala sneap impulse? Cool tone and song btw.

I might as well just make a text file that says "Phenomenal sound! Great job! When are you putting out a CD with this stuff??" and just copy/paste it every time you post a song. Haha :)

Seriously, great job. If you ever put out a CD of your own stuff, I'll be one of the first to buy it. :)

Hey, I' gotta say: WOW!!! Great job

If you ever put out a CD of your own stuff, I'll be one of the first to buy it.

+1

Really, I dig your song. We want more. I can only imagine, what would it be like with vox.

Sounds good, but the guitars could be thicker imho.
however: sweet song :D

what does "djentie" mean exactly? I think I know but maybe i'm wrong. How would you describe it? What pickups did you use in this song? What post processing was done? Was it boosted with a ts? Are you still using that harley benton ala sneap impulse? Cool tone and song btw.

djent means this massive pick attack sound (meshuggahish catch 33 bing boing boing :D)

Thanks guys, means alot :)
Yeah I agree about the guitars.. I've been having some trouble getting my Revalver guitars sounding thicker, I think I used to do a better job before haha.. don't know what's happened.

I did use a TS9 as always. The only big difference in the Rev. settings is that when using the "texas treble booster", I boosted the highs more and added more gain :) I think the pickups on the UV are Dimarzio Blaze's.

I used Guitarhacks newest impulse called "NewIR_1". Eq-wise I just did the basic things.. scooped the low mids a bit and got rid of some fizz.

elmoe: Yup, you nailed it :p

TheDude: Hmm, that impulse sounds really weird to me, it's basically all mids. Sounds very much like when I line my Death Metal pedal direct to the interface haha.. don't know what I'm doing wrong, since I've heard other recordings using this impulse, and they sounded great.

Pxz: I used a plugin called Warp.. It's actually for guitars, but it works alot better on bass haha :)

dd_messenger: Thanks :)
Yeah I have to agree about the muddiness after listening to it.. the separation between the instruments is not very good. Ah well, it's all trial and error :) Maybe I'll just re-record the guitars.

TheDude: Hmm, that impulse sounds really weird to me, it's basically all mids. Sounds very much like when I line my Death Metal pedal direct to the interface haha.. don't know what I'm doing wrong, since I've heard other recordings using this impulse, and they sounded great.

Ok. Worth trying though since I liked it. ;)

Awesome stuff, but Im really not digging the guitar tone at the start... it's just too muddy!

The whole thing referring to songwriting is perfect though.

When you get into it, the guitar tone gets better....