Mar 24, 2008
United Kingdom
Just dropped in to say "more than meets the eye" is banging!!!!:kickass:

Chuck Billy is my favourite Thrash vocalist ever, the guy's a demon!!:kickass:
Glad to see him in good health again..

So looking forward to the new CD

All the best

Matty..:heh:

Agreed, i have like 6 songs of the new album and that's my favourite one right now . I just love the "woo oooh oooh oooh oooh oh" with the awesome riffs, total brutality!

Is this some kind of a 6-song promo or what? You wouldn't be discussing downloading Testament songs on a Testamet forum, would you?

You're right Sole Reaper, but it would be cool if this forum stayed clear- as it's pretty disrespectful to the band to discuss their music a month before the release. It hurts every musician to see people blatantly bragging they have their work, before the band decided to put it into market. Most of those who downloaded probably won't buy it when it's released, 'cause they will have had other priorities then and the Testament album, which they love and find great, will be in their "collection" in one form or another- so they'd rather buy an album they haven't stolen yet.
Nothing against you posting the links to reviews, of course. That's why those people got their promos and we're all eager to read as many reviews as we can.

Hey fellow Testamentites, total nOOb here, but just had to chime in on the new tune. I met Chuck at NAMM earlier this year and he told me when the record was coming out and that it would be fuckin' bangin', but man, "More Than Meets the Eye" is the absolute fuckin' SHIT! I've been listening to Testament since first seeing the video for "Over the Wall" on Headbanger's Ball so many, many moons ago, and after seeing countless shows over so many years, and buying everything they've ever put out, I've never been this excited for a new Testament release! Even without Alex they still freakin' owned the straight-up, ass-kickin', heavy-fuckin'-metal world, but with Al back in the fold, MTMTE just absolutely dominates! They sound hungrier than they have in quite a while, more focused, pissed-off and ready to reclaim the crown as the baddest fuckin' metal band on the planet with this one. Bring on April 29th! I just bought new speakers for the 7.1 rig, and I can't wait to blow em the fuck up!!! :headbang::Smokin::kickass::worship:

Layt...

I heard a few songs off the new album and all I can say is that it's incredible. It's very sludgy, thrashy, gloomy, and has a lot of harmonies and solos. It's exactly what TESTAMENT was made to be.

Can't wait for April 29th to pick this up!

The production sounds awesome, kick ass drumming too, really cant wait to get this Album in the car, & then give the horns to everyone i pass:headbang::heh:

Cheers

Matty..:kickass:

Call me greedy, but hey!! would it be too much to ask for another live DVD..:headbang:

& before you laugh, Maiden have 73 of them on the shelf at HMV...:Smug:

Cheers

Matty..

I have heard the tracks which have been leaked and can not wait to buy this album. It truly is amazing.

New material leaking is nothing new (As we all know) but I just wish that a little more "restriction" was put in place with these demos like Type O Negative did with "Life Is Killing Me" where they had narration over the top of the music for several seconds on every track - although it didnt stop the downloading of the tracks it meant anyone liking it had to go and buy the damn thing cos having the promo on loud would sound rather shitty is you had someone talking over it every time you gave it a spin!

Its a sad fact that journo's AND even recording engineers cannot be trusted NOT to leak stuff early nowadays.
I personally never feel bad downloading a leak of an album IF its a band I am well into and know I will buy it on release cos I would not go to the trouble of downloading it early if it wasnt something I really wanted!

I think Bollox is right- some narration on each song could do the trick, unless someone learns to remove it ;) I think Nevermore did that with "Enemies of reality" or "This godless endeavour. Putting shortened versions (ending after the solo) on the promo could also prevent the worst consequences of leaking. Or not making all songs available for the journalists. Anyway, I hope some lessons will be drawn from this situation for the next record (too bad they hadn't been learned from others' experiences). It's a shame people can't be trusted. I can even imagine that some people gave it to their close friends only and those friends to their friends, but come on- it usually results in an avalanche

I don't have any tracks myself but on the subject of that act of downloading.

I have done it in the past and it has saved me alot of money. I prefer it when a band streams their entire cd for about a week prior to it's release date so that people won't go and download. I think that there are far too many music cds of all various metal genres and point blank, some are clunkers.

You don't buy a car without testing it out nor any electronic stuff.

Now, I am farely confident that Testament's new cd will be fully awesome but alot of bands go and pull a Metallica and do a switch a roo. I am sorry but I am not wasting my hard earn money on bands that pull that crap.

I have heard the tracks which have been leaked and can not wait to buy this album. It truly is amazing.

QFT I heard a few of the tracks also and all I can say is I cant wait till the 29th me and my buddy are going to go to are local CD store at Midnight to get it:kickass: cant wait.