new Soulfy ... old school Sepultura?

Thanatopsis123 said:
Somebody on UM looking forward to a Soulfly release? How have I come to this evil dimension?

yeah, some of us are old farts ... and for the record, i don't have any Soulfly discs ... however early Sepultura was :headbang:

i've been hearing the same thing for the last a few soulfly releases, not going to bother getting my hopes up. i still own the first soulfly album because every rarely so often i give it a spin... and chuck it out after about 3 tracks. :Smug: the song soulfly is still pretty cool though.

dude that one video you posted, their guitarist had no shirt on but was wearing a backpack on stage?!?!? shit still cracks me up.

the SOulfly debut did have some killer tracks. but then that twat Fred Durst had to do guest vocals. still, the debut was split between killer and filler. It simply suffered from being compared to Sepultura.

never bothered hearing anything else by them.

not to start a new thread and let it grow out of proportion with all the thrashers posting to it ... here is news on the new EXODUS
http://www.rockdetector.com/artist,...87BD7E9D0763070E3BA58E5C27954B.rd1#recordings

ok .. I am a HUUUUUUUUGEEEE Exodus fan ... but this looks a little cheesy, the cover and the song titles ... a little "too forced" to be baddass metal ... something not very Exodus.

After pretty much all the band did a mass exodus (pun intended) I hope they still retained their sense of humor and pray to God this is a smoking release ... otherwise ... just call it a day, because Tempo should not be surrounded by cheese.

They better not let me down ... :loco:

it really is cool, I DO think of old sepultura on some of the tracks when listening to the new Soulfly, and even the ones that don't, at least are way better than anything from Soulfly in the past. And that album cover is great <3 <3

i like the first soulfly album pretty well. i agree with nad, the song "soulfly" is yawesome :Spin:

well MAYBE CHROMATOSE we should listen to this new one in the car no? so i can hear it? hm?

Chromatose said:
it really is cool, I DO think of old sepultura on some of the tracks when listening to the new Soulfly, and even the ones that don't, at least are way better than anything from Soulfly in the past. And that album cover is great <3 <3

cool, at least someone else hears it other than blabbermouth ... good news.

ct_thrash said:
i like the first soulfly album pretty well. i agree with nad, the song "soulfly" is yawesome :Spin:

well MAYBE CHROMATOSE we should listen to this new one in the car no? so i can hear it? hm?

well I was gonna listen to it on the car ride back from the mountain yesterday, but you were tired and I didn't want to wake you up with loud noisy music, so I listened to Danzig II instead, but you woke up anyway when he "killed a mexican" :lol:

i'm just so glad that someone else hears it "i killed a mexican" because I FUCKING SWEAR THAT'S WHAT HE SAYS. :Spin:

B000AA4MBI.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

i do like the cover.

so I pulled this disc last night, not sure how the hell it leaked 2 months prior to release date ...

anyway, great stuff, very diverse and unique tracks all around ... so far no real fillers. some great thrash riferama, typical tribal stuff, but with some modern elements, even a techno kinda track ... Max is really pissed on this one. Definetelly the best I heard from Soulfy.

Almost like a Chaos AD/Roots logical continuation with a lot of new ideas.