New station in San Diego.

Vin Dog

New Metal Member
Jan 2, 2003
Hollywood
www.dogarona.com
Hey,
There's a new station in San Diego thats cool. It's 94.9 I don't remember the call letters. It's not owned by clearchannel so you don't hear the same songs over and over. It's not totally metal but it rocks pretty good and you'll hear a really good mix of songs you never hear on the radio. Yeah I know 105 was good but how many times can you hear:
System of a Down, AC/DC, Tool, Ozzie, Tool, POD, System of a Down, Tool....
And if your gonna play Ozzie...why Crazy Train???
Plus no annoying Zeppelin, Hendrix or Pink Floyd the Wall. Don't know if it reaches up here but if you're down in Diego check it out and spread the word.

We still need a Rock station in L.A. When are these fucking broadcasters going to realize that there's still a market for Metal out here?

I have a dream....someday we shall have a decent rock station in LA. Someday we will have a pro football team and a new stadium to check out some football. Yeah right...they'll sooner be a bullring than a stadium in LA. I'm off to Dublin's. GO JETS!!

Keep dreaming, I'm afraid. Every fringe station that we've had here in L.A., regardless of genre, can't stand up on its own and ends up going Espanol. KNAC, Y107, 101.9, and now the jazz station, The Wave.

I know Rob Jones of KNAC. He almost got back on the air. Came REAL close to getting his hands on 103.1 back in 98 when they were gonna sell, but passed. Now he won't go on the radio. Much more freedom on the Internet (no FCC) and wider reach.

There is a cure for sucky radio: satellite radio. I'd get Sirius. XM is owned by Clear Channel and there are commercials on their music stations. The music stations on Sirius are totally commercial free, and they have several rock genres covered, from an 80s glame station to an extreme metal station.

You can listen to Sirius on their home page, but have to restart the connection every 20 minutes. It's at http://www.sirius.com

I don't know why KNAC sold out, but if somebody knows please tell. I've gotten so prone to plopping in a cd everytime I want to hear music that I actually forget that the radio exists. Everytime I do do a radio search and find something cool to play, I'm only disappointed that they start SUCKING shortly after. Radio just flat out sucks huge ass! (In LA that is.) I don't have XM, but I do have satelite tv which does include music stations. Quite often I dial into either channel 820 (metal), or 818 (rock). With no commercials, it's great. The metal station 50% of the time plays trash metal and I get sick of it and then dial into the mellower rock channel. I wish the metal channel would divide itself into two channels, one for trash metal, and the other for heavy metal!

Are you talking about Music Choice? I have that one on digital cable. It's good but repetitive. Still, I do like that they avoid the 'hits.' The only Nickleback song they play is 'Never Again,' which is a lot better than the two radio hits they had.

Originally posted by Vin Dog
I have a dream....someday we shall have a decent rock station in LA. Someday we will have a pro football team and a new stadium to check out some football. Yeah right...they'll sooner be a bullring than a stadium in LA. I'm off to Dublin's. GO JETS!!

LOL@BULLRING

LOL@GO JETS!!