New Studio Reccomendation

Sep 26, 2011
Hey Guys

I'm still fairly new to the forum but you guys have helped me out tremendously, thank you for that.

My current Hardware At the moment

Profire 610
yamaha HS 80's (with some auralex underneath em)
Axiam pro 61
Bluebird condenser mic, sure sm57-58.
Studio RTA producer station.

My software i "mostly" use

Pro tools 9
A bit of waves
A lot of softube and oxford's
Slate fgx and slate drums
Spl and SSl Duende
Melodyne and
Lepous, Tse, and Redwirez

This coming January I'm coming home from the Airforce and want to upgrade my studio. The Budget so far is 10-15 Grand. I'm going to put a list of things I wanted to get. But I don't want any regrets later so I want you all to tell me whats not a good buy or whats a better upgrade within my budget in your opinion.

1) Alesus Usb Studio Drum kit
2) Auralex Roominator kit 2
3) Real Traps Pvb (Im pretty sure I saw it in Joeys Studio in a TDWP update)
4) Furman PL plus Dmc
5) Seinheiser HD 280 Pro
6) Lynx Aurora
7) Yamaha Sub woofer
8) Ergo (To add to the room control -I'm in an apartment)
9) Avalon vt 737 sp
10) emg pickups for my Gibson
11) Cables Misc.
12) i7 16 Gigs ddr3 3.40 Ghrtz and a decent Graphics card
13) Debating On Podfarm, Axe Fx 2, Eleven Rack (Really need help with this one)

It's hard for me to try things out and find out about good gear in the military my schedules demanding so any help, recommendation, opinions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks Guys

Too clean, useless comp. Even with the baby face mod it still sucks. I mean the eq is nice and it's super clean and transparent, but I would prefer a character pre/comp.

Hey man, I would recommend the following.....

AxeFX for sure, definitely....I have a Standard with firmware 11 and love it.
LA-610 preamplifier and a Neumann TLM103 for vox will sound TITS and you can get the mic on eBay pretty cheap.
Avalon U5 DI box for bass...LA-610 will do nicely there as well but the Avalon is noted for sounding killer on bAss.

Also soundtoys' Decapitator plugin is excellent for bass once you get it into your DAW.