New Super Band: Flying Colors

Batguy21784

Feb 8, 2009
Hey, anyone know the scoop on Flying Colors? It's Mike Portnoy's new band with a huge line up including Steve Morse and Neal Morse. Neal Morse has done some awesome Christian Prog. Anyone know if this new project will have any Christian content?

Woah, I had not heard of this. I thought Portnoy was still in full-force with Adrenaline Mob.

I would say it's a fair bet that there will be some Christian content, or at least Christian themes. Portnoy is Jewish, but he did do the drums for Neal Morse's solo albums (which are Christian). I still need to listen to that stuff, especially after Matt told me that Neal is probably his favorite songwriter of all time.

I didn't know Portnoy did drums on Solo Scriptura. COOL. Hopefully there will be some good stuff on the new CD. Also didn't know that Matt was into Neal Morse...not surprised, but didn't know. Very cool.

NealMatt1.jpg

NealMatt2.jpg

:loco:

And yeah, I'm super-stoked for this album. Produced by Peter Collins as well!

I know I'll be preordering it from Amazon. :) Right now it's $12.40 and it gets released 3/27/12.

Awesome pictures, Matt!

I've been waiting for more news on Flying Colors for some time. CANNOT wait for the album.

Haha, I saw that picture when stalking Matt's facebook profile. XD I feel creepy.

I always stalk band members profiles. :)

I used to like Portnoy, but when I watched an interview, he curses SO much. He even used the GD word. I just don't want to listen to him anymore :(

I got to hear the Flying Colors album and it's really good. It's not a Christian album. There are some lyrics that feel like they might be Neal's and so there's vaguely spiritual content (similar to what he did on Transatlantic's The Whirlwind). Normally, Neal is overtly Christian with his lyrics, but this is not HIS band alone here. Because of the multitude of genres represented by all the talented musicians involved, the album has a great variety of styles from song-to-song while not feeling disjointed. I can't wait to get my copy. And I'm also super-excited: I mentioned in another thread that Neal Morse will have a proper new solo album out later this year.