New Swallow the Sun

DanLights

Santa Hat Forever
I love it, and I´m glad they didn´t choose Anneke to do vocals cause as much as I love her voice, too many metal bands have been hiring her lately. Great song, production is great but I find the lack of bass grind/attack and modern style drums (specially kick) to be a bit lame, but not keeping me from enjoying this song and hopefully the whole album. I do hope all the songs aren´t like this one, though.

http://truecultheavymetal.com/blog1...w-the-sun-unveil-the-video-to-cathedral-walls

Whadaya think?

I do hope all the songs aren´t like this one, though.

+1

I love their first 3 albums, never heard the 4th.

What works best for me in this genre is shorter periods of mellow intertwined with about the same dose of heavy.

In this song, the mellow lasts for almost first 50% of the song and then continues after the too short period of heavy.

One of my most favourite bands, but I don't really dig the direction they took on their last album and the new song doesn't do it for me either. Not sure about the Anneke/Anette thing you mentioned, I love Anneke and do not have many positive things to say about Anette, but in this case she nailed it (reminds me of Liv Kristine) - I'd love to hear a version with Anneke, though :)

The Morning Never Came is still the #1 for me :)

Great song, can't wait for the album! Just heard it once without listening to the production so I can't comment on that yet.

The cleanish parts sound GREAT, still undecided about the heavy part. And the first vocal line is brilliant.