New Swedish Metal: SCAAR

NikkiSixx

New Metal Member
Jun 8, 2002
Eskilstuna, Sweden
Visit site
Hey all...

I'm new at this forum, just wanted to make myself heard..

:worship:

And I wanted to share with you all the great review by band SCAAR frm Eskilstuna/Västerås, Sweden got in the last issue of british HardRock-mag Rock-Sound:

"If the thought of Sweden still conjures up horrific images of Abba, then perhaps it's time to get better acquainted with SCAAR, whose first offering is an orgy of violent riffs and punishing beats, topped with a vocal rasp that could almost belong to the Angel Of Death himself.
'Shut Up Or I'll Kill Ya' is a slamming assault on the senses, similar to being locked inside the cell of Charles Bronson (dangerous criminal version). It's beefy basslines lock onto driving rhythms and eyepopping slabs of guitar brutality, and as if that wasn't ferocious enough, there's the bizarrely titled 'Woodpecker Mosh', a fast-paced stomp in the devil's moshpit.
It's in the same league as heavyweights PANTERA: you'll receive more than an ear-battering as hefty chunks of bass slide and drums pound - there's even subliminal backwards experimentation.
'Scarred For Life' - you will be!"

We got a 4 out of 5, and our cd is the only one in the entire mag among 50-60 reviews that does not have a recordcompany backing us.
I think we're entitled to be at least a liiiiittle proud, huh? :headbang:

If anybody in this forum wants our cd in the mail... just drop me an email and we'll arrange it, ok? It's $8.00 plus postage.

See ya....

Mats (bass/SCAAR)

http://go.to/scaar