New Tenacious D DVD

Spruce Goose

Then Goose me up woman!
Apr 17, 2001
Sydney
scholar.uws.edu.au~13326874
51fYhz72MrL._SS500_.jpg

Product Description
This 2 disc DVD - which gives fans over three hours of footage - features a one hour plus documentary, a full length LIVE concert filmed in 2007 at the sold-out Moore Theatre in Seattle, WA, several bonus extras including the band's incredible performance on the 2006 MTV Movie Awards, their performance of "Master Exploder" on The Late Night with Conan O'Brien, an unforgettable performance of "The Metal" on Saturday Night Live, numerous Tenacious D videos and more!
Set List For Live Concert At Moore Theatre:
1.Kielbasa
2.History
3.Wonderboy
4.Dio
5.Lee
6.Saxaboom
7.The Road
8.Hell Movie Skit
9.Kickapoo
10.Karate
11.Dude (I Totally Miss You)
12.Kyle Quit The Band
13.Friendship
14.The Metal
15.Papagenu (He's My Sassafrass)
16.Master Exploder
17.Beelzeboss (The Final Showdown)
18.Double Team
19.F*** Her Gently
21.Tribute
22.Who Medley
Bonus Features Include:
1.Late Night with Conan O'Brien Performance of "Master Exploder"
2.MTV Movie Awards 2006 Performance
3.Saturday Night Live Performance of "The Metal"
4."Time Fixers" Video
5."Classico" Video

__________________________________________________ __________
Fuck yeah. I am stinging for a new D album, but this should fill some sort of void :headbang:

But that shit happens to me, all the TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Just ordered this from Amazon... $19 including delivery.
Couldn't find it in any Australian shops or sites

So I got this and watched it all.
It's good/

The documentary is not what I was expecting though... It's a serious look at the D behind the scenes and shows a bit of tension actually.
There is a scene that is very sad that has them at the Dave Letterman show for an appearance but Dave only wants to talk with JB and not Kage...
KG is clearly upset and has a bit of a tantrum.... The DVD shows alot of KG being just 'the other guy'..... Everyone is only really interested in JB....

Definately worth watching......

Oh yeah that would suck. I never thought about that happening, but I guess it would. JB's the one who does the vocals and is obviously rather prominent outside Tenacious D, so it's natural for people to want to speak to him I guess.

The thing is though, they were invited to the Letterman show as TENACIOUS D..... Not Jack Black of Tenacious D...

So they both rock up and are preparing backstage to go out to the couches for the interview. JB is handed a copy of Lettermans script and it says something like:

"My next guest is a very talented and Funny actor/singer. Please welcome from Tenacious D, Jack Black".

So Kage only finds out about it like 5-10 mins before it is due to happen.... JB has to call up the producers and say he isn't going on without KG and shit like that......

But this is only 1 example... There are many moments on the doco where the interviewer only wants to talk to Jack...

Yeah good point. Crikey malikey, that's bad for KG. You'd feel very small when things like that happened. :( If I was an interviewer I'd be interested in finding out more about KG, who you never seem to hear from.

That sucks. KG is just as awesome as JB is. Anybody know what the writing balance between the two is?

From what I can tell, it seems to be pretty even.

At the end of the doco they show Kage just messing around putting any chords together and Jabels is just freestyling some lyrics over the top... They have their cassette recorder rolling.

JB said that Kage has a million litle riffs and hooks in his head and that he is good at freestylin lyrics over the top.. They record everything incase 1 second from 1 hours is worth elaborating on....

The D are awesome. I want a new album!
:headbang:

Did you get it locally, Sprucey?

Just ordered this from Amazon... $19 including delivery.
Couldn't find it in any Australian shops or sites

It came about a week and a half after I ordered it.
Dunno if it has been released localy... I havent seen it in any shops.
JB usually gets this sort of shit but they didn't even know it was being releaswed when I did check (about the time I made this thread)