New Testament "The Dark Roots Of Earth" will be out on April 27th

Wow it sounds incredible! I don't hear AC DC at all actually its very unique to me. I love that low tuned snare too!

The CD was produced, mixed and mastered by acclaimed British producer Andy Sneap, who has basically worked with everyone.

lold :lol:

OH GOD! Can't wait til this is out :p

After listening to that... Especially the solos.. I could swear that's the Kemper and not a miced tube amp. Only reason I say that, is especially noticeable on the pinch harmonics in the solos.
Would have Andy's clarity on WHAT the Kemper was used on etc!

wow, I dunno if its just the low quality file or the cans Im listening on but this sounds really dry and different than anything Ive heard from Andy in a long time. I like the mix, just not what I expected at all. Song is cool. Wish I had a great turntable to justify getting the mega deluxe kill you LP package.

haha, I lol'ed at the very first comment on that soundcloud file: "andy sneap sucks! fake drums sound terrible"

wow, I dunno if its just the low quality file or the cans Im listening on but this sounds really dry and different than anything Ive heard from Andy in a long time. I like the mix, just not what I expected at all. Song is cool. Wish I had a great turntable to justify getting the mega deluxe kill you LP package.

I agree. This is VERY dry in comparison to the last few records that's for sure. You especially hear it on Chucks voice. But I love it, fucking great! Gives it a more raw, energetic BAND vibe in my opinion. Something a band like Testament definitely benefit from!

I really hopes that isn't the best song on album, because I waited for it so badly. But if it is, than still best album of this year for me is overkill's electric age

Fuck YES! This shit's heavy as fuck. I def liked Formation a ton but I can already see this album fucking ruining that shit if it stays like this.