New to this site -- anyone here from DC?

Andrew2002

New Metal Member
Jan 23, 2003
Washington, DC
Visit site
Just wanted to take a minute to introduce myself! I'm a 25 year old metalhead from the Washington DC area......current favorites include Opeth, Dark Tranquility, and Soilwork. Anyone else on here from the DC area?

Welcome to UM, Andrew! Tons of cool metalheads from the DC/NoVA area..keep your eyes open & you'll come across lots of them! :)

Originally posted by Andrew2002
Just wanted to take a minute to introduce myself! I'm a 25 year old metalhead from the Washington DC area......current favorites include Opeth, Dark Tranquility, and Soilwork. Anyone else on here from the DC area?
Well fuck yeah! I live about 15 minutes away from you now. I'm In Bethesda. Did you catch the Opeth show last week @ Jaxx? Ever been to Jaxx or Asylum? Keep an eye out for my Avitar. It can be seen wondering around DC quite often...
I never introduced my self when I signed on a few months back, so WTF: 26, Opeth, Arch Enemy (new and old) Dissection. Type-O Sisters Of Mercy, Sins of Thy Beloved, Borknagar, Dark Tranquility, Deicide, Garden Of Shadows, Brave... Roommates have a Blackmetal band practicing in my basement 3-4 nights a week and we drink the other nights!

Hell yeah -- the Opeth show kicked ass! I go to Jaxx about once a month or so -- whenever there's a good band there. I don't get to Asylum that much since there are really a handful of places in Adams Morgan that I really like -- on a weekend night, almost every place there is the same. Asylum is a good exception to that, though.