New Tony MacAlpine is *awesome*

sccaldwell

Guitarist Wannabe
I've never been a *huge* fan…always appreciated his talent, but his albums never really hit me. This one has…it's his most recent CD, called simply "Tony MacAlpine."

If you're a fan of instrumental music, this is well worth buying. It's not just a wank-fest, as instrumental discs often are…there's plenty of shredding going on, but the *songs* are actually good, too!

Enjoy!

Craig
P.S. If you have an Amazon Prime membership, the full disc is available for streaming, or buy via the usual channels.

You got me all excited with the subject, as I didn't even realize there WAS a new Tony MacAlpine coming out...... Then I realized you were talking about the s/t disc that came out three years ago!!! :)

MacAlpine was one of my favorites from the golden age of shred guitarists, and I don't think he has ever put out a sub-par album..... Also really enjoy his work with Ring of Fire (although the last album had some issues, to say the least).

You got me all excited with the subject, as I didn't even realize there WAS a new Tony MacAlpine coming out...... Then I realized you were talking about the s/t disc that came out three years ago!!! :)

MacAlpine was one of my favorites from the golden age of shred guitarists, and I don't think he has ever put out a sub-par album..... Also really enjoy his work with Ring of Fire (although the last album had some issues, to say the least).

Sorry, didn't realize it was that old…it's new to me, I guess. :)

Craig

I'm really looking forward to him touring here in August. He's playing "Maximum Security" complete, which is one of my all time favorites. Looking forward to hearing the new album.

You can still get excited about a new Tony MacAlpine disc coming out... :)

From Tony MacAlpine Announces New Solo Album Details

Revered guitarist Tony MacAlpine has revealed his backing band, the working title and a very special guest for his forthcoming solo album.

In a statement posted on his official Facebook page, MacAlpine said the album would feature several esteemed musicians: “The working title is “Concrete Gardens” and it will be released early next year (2014). The album features Aquiles Priester (Angra, Hangar, TMAC live band) on drums, Pete Griffin (Zappa Plays Zappa, 3 Inches Of Blood, Dethklok) on bass.”

Moreover, he added: “The album also features a guest solo from the amazing Jeff Loomis.”

TONY MACALPINE PERFORMS “CONCRETE GARDENS” ON EMGTV

EMGtv has launched a series of videos with Tony MacAlpine and his band performing live. Check out “Concrete Gardens” featuring the EMG 57-7H and 66-7H humbucking seven string guitar pickups on both MacAlpine’s and Nili Brosh’s guitars.

EDIT: video removed from YT

You can still get excited about a new Tony MacAlpine disc coming out... :)

From Tony MacAlpine Announces New Solo Album Details

Revered guitarist Tony MacAlpine has revealed his backing band, the working title and a very special guest for his forthcoming solo album.

In a statement posted on his official Facebook page, MacAlpine said the album would feature several esteemed musicians: “The working title is “Concrete Gardens” and it will be released early next year (2014). The album features Aquiles Priester (Angra, Hangar, TMAC live band) on drums, Pete Griffin (Zappa Plays Zappa, 3 Inches Of Blood, Dethklok) on bass.”

Moreover, he added: “The album also features a guest solo from the amazing Jeff Loomis.”

TONY MACALPINE PERFORMS “CONCRETE GARDENS” ON EMGTV

EMGtv has launched a series of videos with Tony MacAlpine and his band performing live. Check out “Concrete Gardens” featuring the EMG 57-7H and 66-7H humbucking seven string guitar pickups on both MacAlpine’s and Nili Brosh’s guitars.

EDIT: video removed from YT

Yeah looking very forward to hearing the new material next Tuesday, been waiting 27 years to see this guy!!!

BWBK's 8/10 review of new album "Concrete Gardens"

"...Of note to collectors, a special limited edition version of Concrete Gardens, containing a bonus DVD featuring the album performed live by Tony and his band at EMGtv is available, in addition to the stand-alone CD or digital format."

TONY MACALPINE AND ARCH ENEMY GUITARIST JEFF LOOMIS PERFORM “SQUARE CIRCLES” ON EMGTV

TONY MACALPINE PLAYS “THE KINGS RHAPSODY ON EMGTV

Poison Cookies:

Sierra Morena:

Concrete Garden:

Man In A Metal Cage:

Last edited: