New Tool Album

Fredy_Brown said:
03 Mar 06

JUST IN CASE YOU'RE INTERESTED...
The artwork for the upcoming Tool album is going to the separators/printers today, therefore it will eventually be leaked out that the name of the album is (drum roll.......) ' 10,000 days '

... so there it is.

Cool! Thanks. :headbang:

So we've now had 10,000 Maniacs, 10,000 fists, and 10,000 days. :D Did I miss any?

From Rocksound magazine:

- Confirmation of Ten Thousand Days (written that way) as the title

- Three song titles: Rosetta Stoned, Lost Keys (Blame Hofmann) and Ten Thousand Days

- A release date: May 1st on Sony/BMG

- Conformation of intent to play a London date

- A new picture of Maynard and Justin. Justin is wearing a hat and smiling.

Fredy_Brown said:
From Rocksound magazine:

- Confirmation of Ten Thousand Days (written that way) as the title

- Three song titles: Rosetta Stoned, Lost Keys (Blame Hofmann) and Ten Thousand Days

- Conformation of intent to play a London date

- A new picture of Maynard and Justin. Justin is wearing a hat and smiling.

Cool! Thanks a whole bunch! :kickass:

Fredy_Brown said:
I'll just be downloading it or getting a copy from a friend. I refuse to give Sony/BMG my money after that whole rootkit fiasco. I'll also be boycotting Sony on every thing else, stereos, televisions, computers, etc. They will never get another dime from me if I can help it.

Yeah, I tend to hold a grudge. :D

Because I don't appreciate spending $16 on a cd, just for the priviledge to have spyware installed on my computer and leave it open to worms and viruses. It might've been the biggest blunder in all of recording history. The whole thing was supposed to be a strike against illegal copying of their cds. But they punished their CUSTOMERS who paid for the cd, not the pirateers who downloaded the damn thing for free.

If you want the whole story, go here:

http://www.wired.com/news/politics/0,69601-0.html

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
Because I don't appreciate spending $16 on a cd, just for the priviledge to have spyware installed on my computer and leave it open to worms and viruses. It might've been the biggest blunder in all of recording history. The whole thing was supposed to be a strike against illegal copying of their cds. But they punished their CUSTOMERS who paid for the cd, not the pirateers who downloaded the damn thing for free.

Exactly! I'm also boycotting Sony. They're also the big player in the move to restrict what can and cannot be recorded from TV by a customer. They lost their case in court so now they're lobbying Congress to change the law. They are truly freaking evil.

08 Mar 06

TOOL INTERVIEWS & PHOTO SHOOTS
In talking to Danny on Monday night (while he was in Australia), I got the distinct impression that the guys had done a LOT of interviews for the foreign press, which means... lots more album reviews. Also, prior to leaving on the promo tour, I know the band members did interviews/photo shoots for several magazines, including GUITAR WORLD, REVOLVER, and MODERN DRUMMER, so look for those on the news stands in the coming days (April?). And to answer the question on everyone's mind, when I asked Danny if there were any huntsmen on the hotel walls, he replied "no", and, in fact, that he hadn't seen any of the country's more hideous arachnids. However, he admitted that he wasn't really looking for any... which I thought was strange, but perhaps I didn't understand him correctly what with the bad cell connection and goddamn JZ wailing away on his guitar at the Baked Potato in the background. Danny's due back to L.A. today, so I'll ask him again.

BMB