JULY 18 - DENVER THE FIELDS AT DICK'S SPORTING GOODS PARK/FESTIVAL
JULY 21 - PHOENIX, AZ - US AIRWAYS ARENA - ON SALE MAY 30
JULY 22 - RIO RANCHO, NM - SANTA ANA STAR CENTER - ON SALE MAY 30
JULY 24 - SAN ANTONIO, TX - AT@T CENTER - ON SALE MAY 30
JULY 27 - ATLANTA, GA - VERIZON WIRELESS AMPHITHEATER - TBA
JULY 29 - CHARLOTTE, NC - BOJANGLE'S COLISEUM - TBA
JULY 30 - FAIRFAX, VA - PATRIOT CENTER - ON SALE MAY 30
AUG 1 - JERSEY CITY - ALL POINTS WEST FESTIVAL/ON SALE NOW

Ya I didn't hear about em till it was too late (and too late for tool = like 30 minutes after they go on sale) - oh well, them going back to work on another album would be infinitely more exciting than me seeing another show anyway.

I still have yet to see these guys live...I gave up my ticket to a friend in 2007...I still debate on whether I should have done that or not.

probably still going to have the same setlist as the mid/summer 07 shows that they did anyways. not worth seeing them again until they record another album tbh, and since that won't be until like 2012 at the earliest, you know.

If Tool wastes too much time again to make another album as subpar as 10 days it will suck ass. I mean, that album wasn't bad, it had some good songs, but it simply wasn't worth the wait. I know it's hard to top Aenima and Lateralus but I know they can do better than that, 10k days had too much pointless filler.

On topic: wish i could go to a Tool gig, should rule.

I might be at APW Fest, don't know if I want to shell out the money just to see Tool though, I hate every other band there.

About 10K days....I thought it was still a great album. Vicarious, Jambi, The Pot, Rosetta Stoned, Intension, Right In Two....they're all amazing songs. You have to understand Wings for Marie and 10,000 days are tribute songs for Maynard's mother, they feel kind of out of place in a Tool album, but they are still progressive and filled with emotion. I liked the record, but I guess I can see why other people did not.

As for a follow up album, I can't fucking wait. I don't have any idea what it could sound like and thats a good thing. I think it could be more experimental and progressive than their other stuff.

10,000 Days dissapointed me when I first heard the leaked version. I wondered if the one I heard was a subpar 'leaked version' that was intended to piss the early downloaders off. I was wrong...that was the new one. It has grown on me since then...I do enjoy it but I don't think it comes close to Anemia

Imo even the good songs like Vicarious, The Pot, Jambi and Right in Two don't have half of the power of stuff like 46 & 2, Jimmy, Eulogy, Hooker with a Penis, The Grudge, The Patient, Parabola, Reflection, etc.

the 07 show in Richmond was my 3rd time seeing them and it was so amazing. It had every elemt that wasnt there before. The first time I saw them was outdoors and I was so far back I could barely see the stage. The 2nd time the opening band gave me a hardcore headache. The 3rd time was a charm. This time they had a maton the stage which at times looked like people were walking around on it and as always they had alot of Alex Grey's artwork on display. They also played Pushit and extended Lateralus with a Danny Carey drum duel with some guy.

I have to agree with whoever said 10k days wasnt worth the wait. You wanna talk about being worth the wait, Lateralus was and always will be a shining gem in the world of progressive music. I certainly hope their next album and probably their last can top it.

I might be at APW Fest, don't know if I want to shell out the money just to see Tool though, I hate every other band there.

About 10K days....I thought it was still a great album. Vicarious, Jambi, The Pot, Rosetta Stoned, Intension, Right In Two....they're all amazing songs. You have to understand Wings for Marie and 10,000 days are tribute songs for Maynard's mother, they feel kind of out of place in a Tool album, but they are still progressive and filled with emotion. I liked the record, but I guess I can see why other people did not.

As for a follow up album, I can't fucking wait. I don't have any idea what it could sound like and thats a good thing. I think it could be more experimental and progressive than their other stuff.

Say whhaaattt?? The 10000 Days song(s) was the best! It is such an amazing piece of work! I love the drumming in 10000 Days, it is superb!!

Also...Tool better come to Vancouver, because I missed them in 2007 and I was so choked!

not worth seeing them again until they record another album
what the fuck do you know? Not worth seeing them cuz you might see the same songs? What kind of logic is that? Do you listen to a cd once then throw it away? I can understand not having the funds to support the ebay leaches for high tix prices but to say not tool is not worth seeing them until a new album is like saying I got laid last week and would rather not next week.

DEATH TO THIEVES!!!!!!!!

what the fuck do you know? Not worth seeing them cuz you might see the same songs? What kind of logic is that? Do you listen to a cd once then throw it away? I can understand not having the funds to support the ebay leaches for high tix prices but to say not tool is not worth seeing them until a new album is like saying I got laid last week and would rather not next week.

If you happened to not care for 10,000 Days or they put on a poor performance, that logic is just fine.

I saw them during the big US tour and it was, quite honestly, the worst show I have ever been to. On top of not really caring for the album, they looked rather bored up there and the set list felt damn uninspired. After catching them in 2002 in Rhode Island, the show was a rather big let down. Being that I had already been growing out of the band, I was hoping a new album and the show would bring it all back for me. It did not.

10,000 Days had a lot of potential, but a good part of the album did nothing for me (Vicarious, Lipan Conjuring, The Pot, Lost Keys, Viginti Tres). Oh well, I know this has all been said before and I'll stop here with my complaints about the album.

That being said, I'm still hoping a new album will bring back that spark the band used to have for me.

10K Days is a fantastic album IMO. It brought all the elements together of who and what TOOL is and will always be.

Right, that's why I mentioned that I had already been growing away from the band.

Being that 10,000 Days felt like a meld of a few great ideas, some scrapped Laterauls material, and "The Pot" (which is probably the highest contender for Maynard's worst lyrics and vocal performance), it really didn't do much to excite me.

Both Jambi and Intension were decent songs, and I loved Wings for Marie/10,000 Days, Rosetta Stoned, and Right in Two...but the interludes didn't add any ambiance to the record for me and Vinginti Tres felt like a far less inspired Faaip De Oiad.

My experience was pretty much loving a half hour, liking sixteen minutes, and being bored and/or annoyed for the other twenty-three minutes.

Bah. Damnit, I said my complaints were over. Apologies to those who read this.

DEATH TO THIEVES!!!!!!!!

no need to flame son, just telling it how it is.
the set that I saw in the summer of 07 was the same standard set that they played throughout the tour supporting 10,000 days, save for one or two songs being switched every couple of nights.

why would I want to pay to see the same uninspired set? chancellor and jones both looked relatively bored on stage, and maynard was hidden in the shadows on his little stand next to the drum riser.

mind you, I have 10 or 15 shows from that summer tour, and they all have the same set basically. maybe flood or pushit instead of right in two, depending on how they felt that night.

and this is on a headlining tour, too.

it's just not financially feasible for me to drive 2 hours away, to jersey city, to go see them get an hour slot and play the same tired songs. I'd rather wait 2 or 3 years and see them on a tour headlining in support of their next album.

no need to flame son, just telling it how it is.
the set that I saw in the summer of 07 was the same standard set that they played throughout the tour supporting 10,000 days, save for one or two songs being switched every couple of nights.

why would I want to pay to see the same uninspired set? chancellor and jones both looked relatively bored on stage, and maynard was hidden in the shadows on his little stand next to the drum riser.

mind you, I have 10 or 15 shows from that summer tour, and they all have the same set basically. maybe flood or pushit instead of right in two, depending on how they felt that night.

and this is on a headlining tour, too.

it's just not financially feasible for me to drive 2 hours away, to jersey city, to go see them get an hour slot and play the same tired songs. I'd rather wait 2 or 3 years and see them on a tour headlining in support of their next album.
sorry, I get a bit defensive when it comes to such an awesome topic. Also, I cant compete with someone who has seen over 10 shows off the same tour. I saw em twice and got flood, I sure wish I could of got right in two, such a beautiful song.

Right, that's why I mentioned that I had already been growing away from the band.

Being that 10,000 Days felt like a meld of a few great ideas, some scrapped Laterauls material, and "The Pot" (which is probably the highest contender for Maynard's worst lyrics and vocal performance), it really didn't do much to excite me.

Both Jambi and Intension were decent songs, and I loved Wings for Marie/10,000 Days and Rosetta Stoned...but the interludes didn't add any ambiance to the record for me and Vinginti Tres felt like a far less inspired Faaip De Oiad.

My experience was pretty much loving a half hour, liking sixteen minutes, and being bored and/or annoyed for the other twenty-three minutes.

Bah. Damnit, I said my complaints were over. Apologies to those who read this.

Everyone has their own opinion, and I understand yours. I thought that the TOOL experimentation on the album is great, and the production is amazing.

It was for sure more of Danny's and Justin's album performance wise, but I think it is amazing front to back.

Mix

sorry, I get a bit defensive when it comes to such an awesome topic. Also, I cant compete with someone who has seen over 10 shows off the same tour. I saw em twice and got flood, I sure wish I could of got right in two, such a beautiful song.

I only saw one, and got right in two that night. however I have audio bootlegs of 10 or 15 shows off that tour and the setlist is the same save for flood/pushit instead of right in two.