New track needs fresh perspective

mr nice

New Metal Member
Jun 7, 2011
Hull
Hey guys Im recording a friends band's album, it's been a long journey steering them in the right direction to try improve their production just getting them to realise they need to invest in stricter practice with playing and performances etc and just trying to get them intune /in time and (instruments) properly set up with very little funds. I think the penny dropped towards the end :erk: The drummer has now accepted the click as his friend. It just kept the feel more consistent.

Having just finished tracking the vocal I've been able to get on with a mix. the first two mixes were way off the mark to what the band envisioned with guitar tones so I reamped through their newly aquired 5150 mk 1 I sold them (an upgrade from their line six jobbies, I really coudnt get close with those thats why I recorded a d.i as a back up)

They wanted the Haunted style guitar. Im realistic enough to know I may not be able to get that but also I don't think they wanted an exact copy so I knuckled down and came to this.

any feedback good or bad would be appreciated. I hear some really good work on here and i know the benchmark is high so that's why I thought your comments would be useful.

there was no funds for a studio so i've been taking my gear down to their practice room for tracking etc.Nightmare!

I've included a link to the mp3 on my soundcloud. Note I've had a little go at mastering to see how it holds up and give more volume so I know I may have made it worse.

http://soundcloud.com/kitschnsync/north-of-nowhere-amend-mp3

thanks in advance

Nice