New Transformers preview!

The First Thing I thought Was Clerks 2 When I saw The Thread Title

I Might Go With My Little Brother to go Watch this Movie

I admit the trailer does look promising, however Bay has changed so much that it's made me not as eager to see it. Optimus Prime is a conventional, Bumblebee is a fucking Camaro rather than a Bug, Ironhide is a pick up truck, Megatron is a jet. The one thing that is keeping me eager is the fact they have Peter Cullen returning as the voice of Optimus Prime. I know those are details that can seem rather small but as a diehard fan they are very huge to me for someone who was hoping for a faithful adaption. There need to be at least 2 things to make this movie really worth watching. They need to have the original transforming sound, which I didn't hear in the trailer but that doesn't mean it won't be there. And they absolutely MUST have the theme song in some form or another.

Quite a bit of last months issue of Hot Rod magazine was devoted to this movie. The hero is the soon to be released Camaro while, one of the villians is a Mustang. Getting Ford to sign off on that was next to impossible so, Saleen stepped in. They built both the Mustangs and the Camaro's for the movie. Of course, with General Motors looking closely over their shoulders.

Judging from the trailers this move is like apples and oranges to the original one,,,call it something else becuase it barely sticks to the transformers as we all knew and loved as kids growing up in the 80's

---- stealing sidenote ----

i got the 20th anniv. edition with like 5 hours of extras on it for christmas...

i wanted to share it with my sons and my daughter because i got the boys interested in transformers as well.

that new move though, im not so sure i want to take my kids to see it in 2007.

So bumblebee is going to be a camaro instead of a bug, big deal. Megatron is going to be a jet instead of a car, who cares? My god you people are all so shallow its not what they look like on the outside its who they are inside that counts and on that note I hope bumblebee has bucket seats, jumbo cup holders and onboard GPS :lol:

Actually I kinda like the look of the new trailer, I'm not exactly a big transformers fan but I like the old movie and I'll probaby go check this one out too of cousre since I live in Europe it will probably be about 3 months after you guys have seen it, posted a full synopsis and ruined the ending for me