New tuning machines?

Jan 10, 2005
Ok, so I bought this cheap ass Jackson guitar for live use, and the only thing NOW is that I want to replace the bridge pickup for sure, maybe both, and now I want to get some quality tuners for it. I don't know what size I'm suppose to get, so anyone know off the top of their heads what Jackson uses for it's JS30RR Rhoads? :p Maybe for the JS series in general? I tried registering to the Jackson/Charvel forum but the stupid administrator won't approve my account for shit. So, hopefully someone knows the size? I want to get locking Sperzels like on my EC-1000, those are my favorite tuners, but like I said...WHAT SIZE????

~006

Straight across (diameter?), or what? Forgive my noobness on this subject, but peghead hole sizing never interested me, heh. From what I've read on the net so far, from a Sperzel-only dealer guy thing something or other, is that they probably won't fit every guitar. This is obvious. They also come only in *one* size...for the guitar anyway...which is LAME. Whenever I go to change strings again I'll be sure to take out one of the tuners and measure the hole across. Thanks Lopes for confirming my thoughts.

~006

The Sperzals will probably fit straight into the hole no bother, I fitted them to the cheaper Jacksons with sealed geared machine heads before, but you may need to drill two small pilot holes in the back of the headstock for each machine head as Sperzals have two small pins that fit into the back of the headstock to hold them sercure rather than using screws. You may need to fill the old screw holes in too if they are visible after the Sperzals are fitted.

The two pilots for the pins are no problem, I was just worried if the holes would be too big for the Sperzels. These stock tuners seem to slip a little, I'm constantly having to tune it. I think I'll go ahead and order them then. I don't care too much if the old holes are visible, who sees the back of the headstock anyway? :p This thing is going to get beat up like crazy on stage eventually. Thanks guys.

~006