New Vanden Plas Album In Feburary!!!

Dolamite S. Biffle

Biffliest Person Ever
May 2, 2005
Atlantis
German progressive metallers VANDEN PLAS will release their new album, "Christ.0", on February 24, 2006. It is a concept album inspired by Alexandre Dumas' novel "The Count of Monte Cristo". The recordings are currently taking place at the Bazement studios near Wiesbaden, Germany. The track listing for the CD is as follows:

01. Christ 0 (music: G. Werno/lyrics: A. Kuntz)
02. Postcard to God (music: S. Lill/lyrics: A. Kuntz)
03. Wish you Were Here (music: G. Werno/lyrics: A. Kuntz)
04. Silently (music: S. Lill/lyrics: A. Kuntz)
05. Shadow I Am (music: S. Lill/lyrics: A. Kuntz)
06. Fireroses Dance (music: G. Werno/lyrics: A. Kuntz)
07. Somewhere Alone in the Dark (music: S. Lill/lyrics: A. Kuntz)
08. January Sun (music: A. Kuntz, G. Werno/lyrics: A. Kuntz)
09. Lost in Silence (music: A. Kuntz /lyrics: A. Kuntz)

Bonus track on initial pressing: "Gethsemane" (lyrics: Tim Rice/music: Andrew Lloyd Webber)

VANDEN PLAS' most recent album, "Beyond Daylight", was released in 2002 via InsideOut Music.

I am pretty excited about this, though I havent really listened to them as much as should I do like what I have heard. Anyone think that that they can be one of the returning bands moved up to a 4th spot.

YtseJammer said:
I sure hope they come back.

Best band at PP IV.

Better than Rage, Nightwish, Sy-X, & Pagan's Mind? I dunno about that....
Don't get wrong, I enjoyed their performance, but nothing stood out for them to be the "best"......I can always agree to disagree! :Spin:

J-Dubya

J-Dubya 777 said:
Don't get wrong, I enjoyed their performance, but nothing stood out for them to be the "best"......I can always agree to disagree! :Spin:

J-Dubya

Yes, better than all four of those bands! I've seen Sym X about 10 times, that was their worst performance!!

Rage did nothing for me, PM and Nightwish were, good, but VP was :OMG:

Vanden Plas put on an incredible show, but the best band/performance from PP IV was hands down Evergrey. They just fuckin smoked! Anyone that disagrees with me is just wrong!:D :D ;) ;)

I thought VP was also the best band at PPIV, but I am a bit biased as I have been a huge fan of their since "The God Thing." I knew their material backwards and forwards. I thought Andy was an awesome frontman and VP had the best harmony vocals I have heard from any band live not named The Eagles as well. Since "Beyond Daylight" was released in 2002, they are quite overdue on this release. I hope it is a masterpiece like their last three.
The band is also working on a rock opera based on the same concept, but the regular VANDEN PLAS album is the main priority. I am sure updates on it's release will be made soon. The leftover material from Christ 0 will be used for the rock opera.

Bryant

J-Dubya 777 said:

J-Dubya

They definitely satisfied my Prog Palate for that evening. I would definitely want to see them in a 4th Slot at PPVII.