New Vanden Plas in June

ElectricWiz

Steal Your Face
Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
Bryant turned me on to the excellent Christ O - one of the top ten for me in the first decade of the 2000's...easily. Anyway, new album coming. High hopes by the description here, we'll see. Christ O still spins in my house occasionally, and that after MANY, many plays over the last few years.

VANDEN PLAS To Release New Album In June - Mar. 28, 2010 German progressive metallers VANDEN PLAS will release their new album, "The Seraphic Clockwork", on June 4 via Frontiers Records. The eight-song concept CD was produced by the bandmembers themselves at Bazement Studio with engineer Markus Teske.

The "The Seraphic Clockwork" storyline was written by Andy Kuntz and tells about a journey in time. The protagonist who lives in 16th century Rome comes under the spell of an Old Testament prophecy. He travels back to Jerusalem in the year 33 anno Domini where he must face his God-given destiny.

Commented guitarist Stephan Lill: "I think that my preference for heavier bands shines through more than ever before. Heavy riffs, elaborate keyboard and orchestra arrangements plus catchy hook lines come together in a perfect symbiosis which marks VANDEN PLAS' characteristic style. I feel that we were much more adventurous on 'The Seraphic Clockwork' than ever before."

VANDEN PLAS' last album, "Christ 0", was released in 2006 via InsideOut Music.

I totally agree with you. "Christ.O" is one of the best from the 2000´s, totally amazing album that confirmed what we listened in excellent "Far off grace" and "Beyond daylight".

If Stephan says is going to be heavier maybe they will return to the "Far off grace" sound. It´s good for me. I´m looking forward for the new album ´cause these germans are really lazy. 5 albums in 16 years. Not too much workaholic :lol:

Cool, really looking forward to it. Christ.O didn't do a whole lot for me I'm afriad, but Beyond Daylight and Far Off Grace were astounding. Hopefully this record's as heavy as 'Grace. And I hope the production is on par with that disc (which was produced by Dennis Ward).

I enjoyed the hell outta Christ 0 but l agree it didn't top FoG and BD.The new one is a must but I have qualms with it being another concept album.

Bryant turned me on to the excellent Christ O - one of the top ten for me in the first decade of the 2000's...easily.

I really can't pick an all-time favorite song, but if I had to choose, both "Silently" and "January Sun" would both be strong considerations. That says quite a bit coming not only from the same band, but the same release. "Christ 0" is a masterpiece.

I totally agree with you. "Christ.O" is one of the best from the 2000´s, totally amazing album that confirmed what we listened in excellent "Far off grace" and "Beyond daylight".

If Stephan says is going to be heavier maybe they will return to the "Far off grace" sound. It´s good for me. I´m looking forward for the new album ´cause these germans are really lazy. 5 albums in 16 years. Not too much workaholic :lol:

Vanden Plas pretty much had me hooked with the release of "The God Thing." They weren't as refined as now, but still very strong songs. Each release has gotten better and better. I hope the trend continues, but I honestly can't see how you can improve on "Christ 0." Having said that, I said the same thing after each release since TGT.

Cool, really looking forward to it. Christ.O didn't do a whole lot for me I'm afriad, but Beyond Daylight and Far Off Grace were astounding. Hopefully this record's as heavy as 'Grace. And I hope the production is on par with that disc (which was produced by Dennis Ward).

I talk to Stephan a bit from time to time, though it has actually been a while. Stephan is a very nice guy, but is very business like. If he says it is going to be heavier, it should be.

I enjoyed the hell outta Christ 0 but l agree it didn't top FoG and BD.The new one is a must but I have qualms with it being another concept album.

BD was actually a concept as well. It certainly was a little more "loosely conceptual" than 0, but still a concept, nonetheless. I am looking forward to it..... to put it mildly. I can't wait until June. This should be a great year with Accept and Vanden Plas releasing new material.
Certainly Vanden Plas is far from "oldschool" but unlike a great deal of "prog" bands, Vanden Plas has always been about songwriting first and musical "involvement" somewhere farther down the list. For those that have not heard them, I could not recommend a band more than them. There are quite a few more mellow songs on all of their releases, but the songwriting and execution is absolutely stellar. You don't really realize you are listening to "prog" with VP. They have an aura about their music that sounds like it should be reserved for royalty or statesmen. Great band..... but I was expecting the release in April or May. : (

Bryant

Well, I revisited Christ O - I guess I wasn't in the right frame of mind when I listened to it a few years back. I still don't think it's better than Far Off Grace, but it's at least on par with Beyond Daylight.

I'm also really looking forward to this new one. :)