New video with music mix by Dan Swanö!

EdwardPayne

May 10, 2006
www.metallfabriken.se
Some time ago we recorded a live take in the rehearsal space and had Dan Swanö to mix it. We gave him a Stereo OH and DDrum Triggers from the drums (no accoustic mics at all on the drums). Two tracks of guitar, one bass and one vocals. All instruments recorded live with only one take. So Dan made it damn good based on the material :)

We made a video to one of the songs.

Check it out here!
:kickass:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's awesome. Professional looking video also. How did you film it?

Thanks!
Our bass player has his own film production company and one week he had an intern who wanted something to do. So he made us a video :)

The large area, with the band shots, is an empty hangar at the Swedish Air Force and the big wooden house is an old factory where they made bricks and stuff in the 60's.

Finally a useful bass player ;)

Haaaahahahahaha :D Sorry to all bassists but damn that's a good one :)

Sounds and looks great by the way! I'm really impressed!

Did Dan get the MIDI for each drum or was it just the triggers straight into the box so he got the "splat" signal? If splat signal, did he then convert them to MIDI or did he trigger from the splat directly via Drumagog or something? Info would be awesome :)

sounds good!

nowadays I am more of a bassist than ever before-and I am quite useful-I know how to make the air stink...
(ok I am able to record a bit, study marketing and know how to cook quite well)

Haaaahahahahaha :D Sorry to all bassists but damn that's a good one :)

Sounds and looks great by the way! I'm really impressed!

Did Dan get the MIDI for each drum or was it just the triggers straight into the box so he got the "splat" signal? If splat signal, did he then convert them to MIDI or did he trigger from the splat directly via Drumagog or something? Info would be awesome :)

Dan got the "splat" and he mention that he use apTrigga to trig the signal. He didn't like the fact that he had guitars in the OH, but we had the volume down as much as we could on the guitars and bass.