new WD song? Temptation

buzz21

Medicated
May 4, 2003
San Diego, CA
www.mpp.org
I just saw WD's tweet that something new was on his myspace page, I thought it was going to be the cover of Crystal Ship - but I scrolled down to the bottom of the playlist and found a song called "Temptation". It is a little different than what you might expect - sort of like a goth-style song, but with a pretty cool solo acoustic guitar intro. It has 140 listens so I guess a few people have stumbled upon it - check it out!

'Twas the tea party cover. And a great cover at that, as always. I prefer their cover of the crystal ship just a tad more, though. Fresh!

'Twas the tea party cover. And a great cover at that, as always. I prefer their cover of the crystal ship just a tad more, though. Fresh!

It's vice versa for me.
Noticed Temptation yesterday too and it sticks more to the head than Crystal Ship.

It's vice versa for me.
Noticed Temptation yesterday too and it sticks more to the head than Crystal Ship.

It's just because temptation stuck itself too close to the original for me, and at this point I expected to hear something completely out of the ordinary when it comes to a NM/WD cover after the last ones.

It's just because temptation stuck itself too close to the original for me, and at this point I expected to hear something completely out of the ordinary when it comes to a NM/WD cover after the last ones.

Your remark brought 'Expect the Unexpected' to mind.
Chuck was a wise man ...

They both sound like WD solo stuff, not Nevermore-ish at all.

I agree - not that it means it isn't good, but it is quite a departure from what I'd expect a NM cover to sound like. It sounds like Jeff in the intro - lots of great soloing but the whole fuzz guitar thing is nothing like what he has ever played, so maybe thats a good thing to see he is open-minded enough to try out new stuff.