New Winds sounds killer

dan of bereavement

shroud of bereavement
Jun 6, 2004
Amesbury mass
www.myspace.com
I love that band. Just checked out the new track at the ends Myspace page and it sounds fucking killer! What are your thoughts?

The track "Convictions and Contradictions" from Norway’s classical/progressive metal supergroup WINDS' upcoming album "Prominence and Demise" (due out September 4 on The End Records), has been posted at the official The End Records MySpace page.

Commented WINDS keyboardist Andy Winter, "We are now only three weeks away from the release date of our new album 'Prominence and Demise' and with that in mind, we think it is a suitable time to post one of the new songs on the web for everyone to hear. The new track is called 'Convictions and Contradictions'.

"All the tracks on the new record are distinctly different from one another and this track definitely contains some unique contributions from everyone in the band. It's also what we in the band refer to as the 'duet' song, as it features synchronized vocals from Agnete (M. Kirkevaag; MADDER MORTEM) and Lars."

The CD artwork and layout for "Prominence and Demise" was created by renowned cover artist Travis Smith (OPETH, AMORPHIS, DEVIN TOWNSEND), who has collaborated with WINDS on all of their artwork since their first full-length album.

"Prominence and Demise" track listing:

01. Universal Creation Array
02. Distorted Dimensions
03. The Grand Design
04. When the Dream of Paradise Died
05. Fall and Rise
06. The Darkest Path
07. Convictions and Contradictions
08. Where the Cold Winds Blow
09. The Last Line

"Prominence and Demise", which took the band three years to write and record, is the follow-up to the band's well-received 2004 opus "The Imaginary Direction of Time". It features guest appearances by Agnete M. Kirkevaag (MADDER MORTEM), Lars Nedland (BORKNAGAR, SOLEFALD), Dan Swanö (EDGE OF SANITY, NIGHTINGALE, ex-BLOODBATH) and Øystein Moe (ex-TRITONUS, ULVER

song http://www.myspace.com/theendrecords

I also checked it out a little earlier today. This band has yet to let me down. Really brilliant band.
I definitely hear the more aggressive, less orchestral sound that Andy was talking about.

Yeah. I remember hearing a sample, which included one of the guitar leads. It really reminded me of Andy LaRocque's style, so I picked up a copy. I was definitely very impressed. It was rather different than anything I could have expected, even with the ties to Arcturus

Definitely. Carl is a guitar god.
It's not only how intricate his playing is, it's also how tasteful his leads are. He can show off, without really wanking, and he has a great sense of melodic phrasing