New Xandria vid

Fire breath

Feb 20, 2002
London
piris-metalopolis.blogspot.com
Their new chick couldn't sound any more like Tarja if she tried. Dead ringer almost! I liked their previous chick as well as she had a nice voice but the band it seems have turned things up a notch and then some. If you like the style then this album is a complete no-brainer!

Last edited by a moderator:
Quite a soap opera trying to find a new singer for this band. She's adequate which is more I can say of a lot of replacement singers in goth metal bands today. New single was better than I expected, here's hoping the rest holds up.

Any Tarja-fans around? You'd have a heyday with this CD. :heh:

I listened to Neverland's End CD through last night and Wow! My first thoughs were that is this Xandria? I mean Nightwish could have sounded like this on the next CD after Wishmaster if they didn't start adding the big orchestra with movie score influences on Century Child and onwards and reduced vocal power from Tarja.

Manuela Kraller does have a stunning voice but it's not only her, the whole band who have taken a huge step ahead with songwriting and production-wise.

Neverland's End actually is a very good and enjoyable CD. Recommended.

Audio samples for all tracks on the album can be heard in the YouTube clip below:

A track-by-track run down of Neverworld’s End can be found below:

Last edited by a moderator:
Cross-post from the Perpetual Motion Board ----

When I first saw the video on Glenn's board with the new samples of Neverworld's End, my immediate thought was "ok, the band has turned into Tarja-Nightwish, I'll pass because I already own the Nightwish catalog"...... Dweeb gets the disc and says its very good and I need to try it.....I order it from The Lasers Edge.

It gets here -- and I put it on the first time on my main system.... I stop what I'm doing in the background and I walk into the living room to listen.... this is scarily good. No this is scarily excellent...... 2 listens into it, and I say this is amazingly good.

Backtrack for a moment -- I love Xandria. I loved Lisa's vocals and her sultry approach to the Gothic music playing around her. Xandria was never about speedy double bass for the most part, and those chugging mid-paced songs easily hooked me.....and no one sounded like Xandria for the most part. Then Lisa left -- and I figured it was kaput for Xandria, or they would get another sultry singer....... wrong.

Someone decided that Xandria now needs to sound like Nightwish, and that they need a singer who sounds exactly like Tarja.....laughable right ? No - they did it.... they decided to sound like Wishmaster, and went out and found Manuela Kraller, who looks like Amy Lee, and sounds like Tarja.... what a combo right ? But can she and they pull this off ??

Enter Neverworld's End .....and the answer is yes. If you can't get past the Tarja / Wishmaster clonage, then don't bother...... but there is something enthralling about this. They inject some of their old Xandria sound into the Wishmaster style.... sure, more double bass than Xandria ever produced but its in spurts.....add in huge choirs and symphonics ala Wishmaster ?? check ..... does Manuela sound like Tarja and is she convincing ? double check and eerily so ...... does this all work ?? Triple check and eerily so ...... this is so well done that I can't help but love it.......there is a certain aggression and feeling that the band is saying "didn't think we could do this and pull it off huh ?" and my answer would be NO without hearing it ... after spending 2 days with it -- I say HELL YES !!!!! and I am completely enthralled with the disc.....it gets heavier and heavier as it goes along and I fall in love with Tarja's, er I mean Manuela's voice all over again, I mean now .......
icon_wink.gif

When I played this for my wife the 1st time -- she said "new Nightwish"? And I said "no, old Nightwish" heheheh and then explained......she was as amazed at this transformation and clonage as I was.........

Superbly done -- superb production (stay clear if you weren't a fan of Xandria's completely digital sound and huge triggered drums of the past)..... this is HUGE and enthralling. I love the hell out of it .......especially the aggression and confidence in which they do this.

Superb. Although in a different (er, same) way -- Xandria is back !!!!

Wow - lucky we have Glenn to get a band like this to headline.

Wait - what was that? They are the THIRD band to play on the FIRST day of this event?

Crazy. Simply crazy.

Wow - lucky we have Glenn to get a band like this to headline.

Their roster position is just where it should be, since they're not going to draw as many fans to ProgPower as the headliners will. Though it's certainly possible that their upcoming album and performance could raise their profile.

Wait - what was that? They are the THIRD band to play on the FIRST day of this event?

Not sure what you mean by "first day"... historically, it hasn't been less prestigious to play on Friday than on Saturday.

Neverworld's End is very enjoyable, Prophecy is probably my favorite track. The thing that really jumps out to me and elevates that song to something special is the bass during the chorus.
So this will be an interesting deal. Looking forward to new stuff or a live vid with halfway decent sound you can actually hear what's going on down there.