New XM lineup

Diamond45

Terminate Bad Music
Feb 22, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA USA
www.dmine.com
If are a subscriber of XM radio (the XM side of Sirius XM), you are probably aware that the two services will combine this coming Wednesday 11/12.

Here's a leaked list (on another forum) of what the new channel lineup will be. They will basically take the best of the two services and eliminate the duplication between the two services.

The sad part (at least for me) is that The Boneyard will go on hiatus until January and return on XM 53.

No news on what Sirius subscribers will get, but my guess is that the lineup will be very similar.

http://www.digitalradiocentral.com/.../1063-new-lineup-channel-names-sirius-xm.html

DECADES
4 – 40’S on 4
5 – 50’s on 5
6 – 60’s on 6
7 – 70’s on 7
8 – 80’s on 8
9 – 90’s on 9

COUNTRY
10 – The Roadhouse*
11 – Nashville^
12 – Outlaw Country*
13 – Willie’s Place
14 – Bluegrass Junction
15 – The Village
16 – The Highway*
17 – Prime Country*
18 – Elvis Radio+

POP/HITS
20 – 20 on 20
21 – KISS^
22 – MIX^
23 – SIRIUS XM Love*
24 – The Pink Channel^
25 – The Blend
26 – The Pulse*
28 – Escape*
29 – BBC Radio 1*
30 – Pop 2k*

CHRISTIAN
32 – The Message
33 – Praise*
34 – enlighten

ROCK
39 - Led Zep Radio
40 – Deep Tracks
41 – Hair Nation+
42 – XMLM
43 – SIRIUS XM U*
44 – 1st Wave*
45 – The Spectrum*
46 – Classic Vinyl*
47 - Alt Nation*
48 – Octane*
49 – Classic Rewind*
50 – The Loft
51 - The Coffeeshop
52 – Faction+
53 – Boneyard (returning in January)
54 – Lithium*
55 – Radio Margaritaville+
56 – Jam_On+
57 – Grateful Dead Radio+
58 – E Street Radio+
59 – Underground Garage+

R&B/URBAN/RAP
60 – Soul Town*
62 – Heart & Soul*
64 – The Groove
66 – Shade+
67 – Hip Hop Nation*
68 – The Heat

JAZZ/BLUES/LIFESTYLE
70 – Real Jazz
71 – Watercolors
72 – Spa*~
73 – SIRIUSLY Sinatra*
74 – BB King’s Bluesville
75 – On Broadway~
76 – Cinemagic~

CLASSICAL
77 – SIRIUS XM Pops*~
78 – Symphony Hall*~
79 – Metropolitan Opera Radio*~

DANCE
80 – Area
81 – BPM
84 – SIRIUS XM Chill*

INTERNATIONAL/LATIN
85 – Caliente~
86 – The Joint~
87 – The Verge~
88 – Air Musique~
89 – Sur La Route~

KEY:
* - merged/adjusted
^ - Clear Channel Music Channels, w/ commercials
~ - moved channel
+ - NEW channel

10 – The Roadhouse* was America
12 – Outlaw Country* was X Country
16 – The Highway* was Highway 16
17 – Prime Country* was US Country
23 – SIRIUS XM Love* was The Heart
26 – The Pulse* was Flight 26
30 – Pop 2k* was XM Hitlist
33 – Praise* was Spirit
41 – Hair Nation* was BoneYard
43 – SIRIUS XM U* was XMU
44 – 1st Wave* was Fred
46 – Classic Vinyl* was Top Tracks
47 - Alt Nation* was Ethel
48 – Octane* was Squizz
49 – Classic Rewind* was Big Tracks
54 – Lithium* was Lucy
60 – Soul Town* was Soul Street
62 – Heart & Soul* was Suite 62
66 – Shade* was Raw
67 – Hip Hop Nation* was The City
72 – Spa* was AudioVisions
73 – SIRIUSLY Sinatra* was High Standards
77 – SIRIUS XM Pops* was XM Pops
78 – Symphony Hall* was XM Classics
79 – Metropolitan Opera Radio* was VOX
84 – SIRIUS XM Chill* was XM Chill

The XM Graveyard:

2 XMX - gone
18 No Shoes - Gone
51 Metallica - gone
53 Fungus - gone (but Lou Brutus is DJing on Octane 48 and Faction 52)
65 Rhyme - gone (Sub Sonic is moving to Hip-Hop Nation)
72 Beyond Jazz - gone
76 Fine tuning - gone
82 The System - gone (will remain on XMRO)
83 Chrome - Gone
91 Viva - gone
92 Aguila - gone
93 Caricia - gone
125 Weather Channel - gone
162 E! - gone

As I understand it, Sirius and XM will have the same channels, but different channel numbers. They'll be simulcast on both services. This is all rumor at this point, of course.

It still fascinates me how they don't have a prog channel (which, according to various sources, is the most requested channel format they don't currently offer).

dt

I also like AOL Radio's Power Metal channel. Wish Sirius XM would carry it. If they did, I might renew my subscription!

But in your car, you can't get AOL Radio :(. Though I've been told you can get Pandora Radio on an iPhon.

As long as I have XMLM and the comedy channels and the talk show (extreme XM), I'm happy. That's pretty much the 4 channels I listen to.

I'm pissed the techno stations are gone though. I listened to them when some crappy metal band was playing on XMLM. :(

As I understand it, Sirius and XM will have the same channels, but different channel numbers. They'll be simulcast on both services. This is all rumor at this point, of course.

It still fascinates me how they don't have a prog channel (which, according to various sources, is the most requested channel format they don't currently offer).

dt

Right now, Sirius subscribers get the same Sirius channel lineup as always. For an additional subscription, they are allowing you to purchase "The Best of XM", for additional XM content (talk & sports).

http://www.sirius.com/bestofxm

I haven't seen anything that says Sirius subscribers will be subject to the same lineup as XM users. It looks like the list above is just adding some Sirius stations to your XM radio.

^I know that you can get "best of XM" now, but what I've heard from various people (including people that work for the company) is that eventually they'll be simulcasting the same channels on both services, just with different channel numbers. This eliminates a lot of duplicate staff, since both companies had programming people and such. Of course, none of this is official and could change at any second. I've pretty much adopted the attitude that when I turn my unit on in the morning and the channels are all changed, then I'll know what they're up to.

I'd be very happy if the Sirius channels were a little more "open" with the playlists like the XM channels are. And if they would realize that Kiss is NOT a hair metal band and stop playing them on Hair Nation...

dt

I'd be very happy if the Sirius channels were a little more "open" with the playlists like the XM channels are. And if they would realize that Kiss is NOT a hair metal band and stop playing them on Hair Nation...
dt

Hair Nation plays a lot of stuff that isn't from hair bands, but popular 80's rock/metal too. Queensryche, HOTMK/Gutter Ballet Savatage, etc. One of my favorite Sirius stations along with Hard Attack.