Sirius or XM?

poundingmetal74

Demons Will Fly
Oct 18, 2004
Canada, eh
www.finalstage.ca
I've been looking into getting satellite radio over the past few weeks. I've listened to both Sirius and XM online and both seem really good. Sirius has a great selection of 70s and 80s metal (Hair Nation, BuzzSaw - each play Ryche, Priest, Maiden, Accept, etc.) and their new metal station Octane is decent (I've heard Black Tide, Megadeth, Metallica - alongside a bunch of crap like Lamb of God and Deftones which I don't care for).

The Alternative is XM, which has the best station of the two: Boneyard. However, that's really all that interests me. Each Sirius & XM both have Comedy, News, Classic Rock, etc. Right now I'm leaning toward Sirius.

Anyone own these and what are your thoughts?

Aren't they merging anyway? You should be able to get everything you want. I'm not sure how they are handling it, but I know XM subscribers who have told me they were listening to Sirius shows (hosts) on XM channels.

I had XM for 3 1/2 years, but cancelled it back in April when the sub ran out. It was my preference over Sirius for a variety of reasons (NHL, O & A, Bone Yard, MLB), but I basically stopped listening to it about a year ago.

...and my iPod doesn't play Faster Pussycat and LA Guns! :lol::lol::lol:

Radio is so...anachronic for me :lol: I only listen to my CDs or the tapes I record from them don't need radio or MTV on anything like it. I like to be in control of what am I listening to.

Sirius. The merger isn't going to allow for programming from both to be included in a subscription. They have The Best of XM or The Best of Sirius packages that you could add to your monthly existing subscription... The ONLY channel worth a shit on XM is The Boneyard, but since I have an IPOD I can download the interviews from Eddie Trunk's show as a Podcast.