New Years Evilution 2011/12 @ The Sandringham Hotel - Newtown,Sydney

Metal Evilution is proud to present a monumetal end of year Heavy Metal party to take place at The Sandringham Hotel in Newtown, Sydney on December 31st.
New Years Evilution returns again for the second year running at The Sando to let you all cut loose and bury 2011 to the sights and sounds of some of the country's best True Heavy Metal acts.

NYElatestAug2nd.jpg

We are proud to announce the confirmation of the first 2 bands locked in for the event.

ELM STREET(Melb)

elmstreet-1.jpg

Forming in 2003 and circling the live scene in Victoria since 2004 Elm Street have taken the metal scene by storm with their unique style of traditional heavy metal. With a style that is heavily influenced by bands such as Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Manowar and Savatage, Elm Street have claimed their spot in the vastly growing new wave of traditional heavy metal.
This will be the bands first appearance in Sydney and guaranteed a set not to be missed.

"Traditional Heavy Metal" Melbourne, Australia
Facebook: www.facebook.com/metalelmstreet
MySpace: www.myspace.com/metalelmstreet

TERATORNIS (Sydney)

TERATORNISpromo-1.jpg

Sydney's Teratornis, play old school thrash metal inspired by such 80's heavyweights as Sodom, Destruction, Coroner and King Diamond. It's lineup was completed in late 2008 and 2009 was spent writing and refining songs. Teratornis made their live debut towards the end of 2009 and has gigged throughout 2010. A debut EP entitled 'Back From Extinction" was recorded in December 2010 and released early 2011 to positive acclaim. Teratornis will be a big part of the future of Australain Thrash and the perfect soundtrack to put 2011 to the sword to.

http://www.myspace.com/teratornismetal

More bands and details to be announced later on. Please spread the word and keep the night free so you can bang in the New Year with some awesome True Heavy Metal bands,beer and mates. What could be better?:kickass:

TABERAH(Tasmania)

TABERAHpic.jpg

Inspired by their strong musical bond, Jonathon Barwick (Guitar/Lead vocals) and Tom Brockman (Drums) created, in 2004, what is now known as TABERAH. The bands sound and live performance is derived from a vast variety of musical influences including the traditional heavy metal sound of Iron Maiden, the rock ‘n’ roll heart of AC/DC and the over-the-top and often tongue-in-cheek theatrics of Queen, all with a slightly modern and original twist. With a new album on the horizon and an extremely bright future ahead you can guarantee that TABERAH will help set the Sando ablaze on NYE.

http://www.myspace.com/taberahmetal
http://www.reverbnation.com/taberah

I guess it is no longer a secret now since Dave gave me a flyer at the recent Taberah show(my first time seeing Taberah).the headliner is Darker Half.

i think this is a strong line-up and cant wait for the celebrations to begin:worship:
obviously i love Darker Half and Teratornis.i was quite impressed with Taberah's show at the Valve.i haven't seen Elm Street or Dragonsclaw but their descriptions sound great
:headbang:

not long to go now!:headbang:

by the way, i want those who are attending to ensure that i am not drinking(yes NOT drinking). i've been working hard to stay sober. it's been over 4 months since i last had a drink and intend to remain that way despite it being NYE!

Best of luck with it Ralphe. Probably not going to be easy with a bunch of metalheads. The only suggestion I can offer is that you get less people talking about drinking if you have some form of drink in your hand... coke?

Another excellent NYE although numbers were probably down a bit on previous M.E NYE shows.
a bit disapointed that Teratornis couldn't make it but really enjoyed Taberah(second time seeing these guys).A fine set by Darker Half. i think they would of kept playing all night if they could. They practically had to be dragged of the stage when they reached (passed) the curfew.
didn't have a drink(been five months since i had a drink) although spending 9 hours(4pm-1am) at the Sando on NYE is probaly not the easiest way to avoid drinking!

That's quite the accomplishment Ralphe i must say.
Your a strong man indeed!:worship:

Thanks again for coming dude and yes numbers were a bit down but everyone still had a great time, the bands were probably the best line up on a NYE that we've ever and we thank THUNDASTEEL, TABERAH, ELM STREET and DARKER HALF of course for being there to end 2011 in style for us.

Big plans for 2012 i can tell ya!! :D