New Youtube project - Free metal for the masses!

SpyreWorks

New Metal Member
Apr 22, 2010
I'm pretty sure this isn't against the rules, but here's a little promotion for a YouTube channel that promotes unknown metal bands. This is the original post from a different message board, explained in the author's own words:

So, I'm starting a new project up on Youtube.

Youtube is a fantastic platform, as you all know, for sharing videos, music and other things.
Because of this, I'm starting a new channel, dedicated to metal music.

FREE metal music.

Why start this channel?

Many of you probably have some freely released albums that you listen to, but unfortunately, a lot of the freely released stuff is terrible. I will wade through tons of bands to find the gold, and I will share it with the rest of you guys.
Just taking 5 minutes to look through the topic on this very forum, will show you, that there is tons of music out there available for free, but nobody is giving it attention. I hope to amass a subscriber base large enough, that the channel will eventually have an impact on the popularity of many, as of yet, unknown bands. All most musicians - including myself - really want, is for someone to listen to their music. This channel will make that possible.

When, how, who?

A new song with a download link to the album, ep or demo will be uploaded to channel from monday to thursday. The songs will be available to anyone on Youtube - as will the downloads - and the subscribers will of course receive the songs the instant they are uploaded.

As I already said, I will feature the good bands I find with freely released music. If you are the agent of a band - or have a band yourself - that you want to have featured on the channel, send me a PM either here or on the youtube channel, and I will make sure you are featured.

Furthermore...

If anyone wishes to be a part of this project, here are the following things I could use some help with now and then:
- Recommendations for bands to be featured
- Help on the design of the channel (need a decent, non-standard youtube layout).

The channel will be starting next week. There's a link here, so you can subscribe now, if you like. http://www.youtube.com/FreeMetal4You

I hope that some of you will find this interesting and will want to be a part of this. Using 20 minutes a week to make a lot of musicians happy is something that everyone here can agree, will be a good use of ones time.

If you have any comments related to the channel, just post here and I'll answer any questions. Praise, critisism and ideas are all equally welcome.

Incase you missed it:
LINK: http://www.youtube.com/FreeMetal4You

Cheers!

Just to restate the whole point: if you have a YouTube channel, please subscribe! Although I know this sounds like another "0mg plz sub to mah vidz!!" kind of request, I think we would all like to help out some as-of-yet unknown bands.