Razzee

Kolja
Dec 20, 2008
Northgermany
www.reigninblog.de
Whow, I'm so pumped right now :Smokin:

Pressrelease from today:

New Album Title, New Song Titles, New Photos

Hey Guys! You’ve been asking us for an update and here it is! Right now at Lambesis Studios in San Marco CA, Daniel Castleman is mixing the brand new ZAO album which was recorded in Latrobe PA (near Greensburg), Pittsburgh PA, Encitas CA and San Marcos CA.

The album was produced by Scott with Daniel and Tim Lambesis. It features 11 tracks. 10 of them are brand new while “Romance of the Southern Spirit” has finally been given the sonic quality it deserves with a brand new recording that smashes the basement b-side version you’ve heard.

The new album is going to be called AWAKE? Yes… The title is AWAKE? with a question mark.

Here are some new song titles to chew on until we can get you some music:

• 1,000,000 Outstretched Arms Of Nothing
• The Eyes Behind The Throne
• Human Cattle Masses Marching Forward
• Quiet Passenger Pt. 2

We can’t wait for you guys to hear this album! We are very proud of it and in our humble opinions it is very reminiscent of what you have come to know and love about Zao over the years. Every band likes to say “this new album is our best yet” so we won’t say that to you. We know that albums like “Blood & Fire” and “Liberate” will always be fan favorites and they are special to us as well. But with that being said believe us when we say that we strongly feel “Awake?” is a more than worthy addition to our catalog.

The album will be released by Ferret Music most likely in the spring. Thank you for the continued support of Zao. We would not do this without you.

They were, but in recent years they've completely changed their line up and have really changed their sound and lyrical content from what I've seen.

Nobody is from the original band at this point. The drummer is now in Gods (not good). From the interview I saw on their DVD, a couple of members are still somewhat Christian, but it seemed very apparent that the band has NO agenda anymore.

yeah, the since where blood and fire brings rest dan is singing on every album and as far as i remember russ and scott are playing also on every. seems like they have now a very solid lineup today. I hope they are doing a europe tour. dan is one of my favorite singers and has some influences on me.

Nobody is from the original band at this point. The drummer is now in Gods (not good). From the interview I saw on their DVD, a couple of members are still somewhat Christian, but it seemed very apparent that the band has NO agenda anymore.

To me that just says lazy. If you start a band with an agenda, and then by the time you reach critical acclaim you've got no original members and have lost the agenda completely.

That's why I liked Christian music before it got famous. :(

Now I have to go listen to Legendary. :p

To me that just says lazy. If you start a band with an agenda, and then by the time you reach critical acclaim you've got no original members and have lost the agenda completely.

That's why I liked Christian music before it got famous. :(

Now I have to go listen to Legendary. :p

To say that this band is critically acclaimed is a bit... well silly. I'm willing to bet that Unearth is a "bigger" band than Zao and Zao is definitely the older band.:lol:

This band was on the verge of dying before Ferret took them on.

When I was like 16 (talking like 1989) I was in a band that played a few shows with them in Parkersburgh, WVA (dudes' backyards and YMCA type stuff). They were fun to play with, they had energy and weren't really preachy about their "message." I think we hung with their original drummer a lot, he was a cool guy. The band kept going, and members kept dropping out, and soon no original members were left. So...it's basically a corporation. Not sure what their music sounds like these days I gotta admit.

Wow I don't like this new song at all! Compared to songs like Praise the War Machine, Breath of the Black Muse, or 5 Year Winter, this new one just...doesn't deliver the goods. I hope the rest of the album is more memorable. :erk: