New

Stormrider586

From Here to Death...
Aug 31, 2002
South Jersey
whats up everyone im new here....i went to swedishmetal.com today and saw that the whole thing is now this message board due to some tech. difficulties, so i figured hell why not join up? seems like a cool place here. anyway, just to get to know everyone, whats everyone's 5 favorite bands? mine are iced earth, in flames, opeth, the crown, and soilwork.

hi welcome to the boards

my fav. bands list always changes but i'll give it a try:D

in no real order

Symphony X
Soilwork
Nile
Terror 2000
Metallica

oh well that's the list that i came up a top 10 or 20 would have been better:D

the 5 bands thing was just kinda general, to get a feel for who likes what. im not gonna hold you to it later :lol: i could name so many more bands that simply make my jaw drop(blind guardian, metallica, at the gates(damn shame), killswitch engage)

terror 2000...they are speed's new band right? i've yet to hear anything by them, im guessing since you listed them they must be good. do they sound anything like soilwork?

yep it's speed side project the first album had speed on vocals and ranta on drums and members from darkane (death metal) the second it's speed strid only and members from darkane, they aren't like soilwork especially soilwork's new stuff they are more of a extreme version of thrash they don't have much variety though talking about tempos and stuff pretty much all their songs are freakin speed and heavyness all the way :lol: but check em' out if you like thrash i think you'll like this band

Originally posted by ~UlvedaL~
Greetings to the UM...

SOME(!) of my favoritebands would be something like this for the moment:

Old Man´s Child
Opera IX
Misteltein
Nile
Immortal

Do you know the new album of Old Man´s Child? I'm curious to listen... And if you like Opera IX, what dou you know about Cadaveria? (I like, very inspired and original). Misteltein is a great band too, they have a great debut...

5 of my faves nowadays...

Windir
Taake
Nokturnal Mortum
Obtained Enslavement
Enthroned (looking for the new material, I have the MP3 of the site and I like so much)

Welcome :) More trolls....whee...

Opeth
Dark Tranquillity
My Dying Bride
Katatonia
Emperor
Agathodaimon
Dissection
Decapitated
Lacrimosa
Therion

...and the list never ends..

Originally posted by Profano

Do you know the new album of Old Man´s Child? I'm curious to listen... And if you like Opera IX, what dou you know about Cadaveria? (I like, very inspired and original). Misteltein is a great band too, they have a great debut...

The newest Old Mans Child (Revelation 666, Curse Of Damnation) is fantastic. Very good sound and production too. The lyrics are more satanic/blasphemic this time. Check out the track: "Hominis Nocturnal". Cool stuff.

Mistelstein are very good - I simply loved them from the first listen of "Rape In Rapture". "Twillights Sigh" is one of the best BM-tracks ever made!

What do you mean with "what do you know about Cadaveria..."?

According to Enthroned; I have the new album "Carnage In Worlds Beyond".. It´s ok, but not that interesting in my oppinion.

Cheerz..

~UlvedaL~

:wave: welcome!

mine are...

1. Iced Earth
2. Therion
3. Sentenced
4. Nightwish
5. Moonspell
6. Opeth
7. Virgin Black
8. Winds