Newbie - Yep

MetalMermaid

Jan 15, 2007
California
Hey everyone. I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm 18 going to CSUN majoring in bio and minoring in graphic design, however recently ive been very interested in music prodcutions. Music is a very important part of my life and I love learning about its history, technical and musical influences and styles anywhere from classical to underground bands. I do a lot of artwork, preferabbly black and white pencil, but I can get creative. I used to sing, but realized I have stage fright, so never ened up doing anything with that. Plus I don't think my voice is as great as others tell me but whatever. I really wish I can play drums and violin. Odd combo yes, guess I'm just not very standard. I grew up listening to a lot of alternative/rock/punk crap in my middle school days. Later I began to listen to a lot of classic rock. About six years ago I heard Forever Darkwoods by Bathory and pretty much took it from there with black/death/folk metal. I can't say I know it all but I'm really interested. Some of the bands that I really like now are Amorphis, Amon Amarth, Finnrtoll, Kalmah, Dark Tranquility, Asmegin, Bathory, In Flames, Orphaned Land, Symphony x and such. Anyways, I was hoping there might be people here who might want to let me in on some info and help me learn about more bands and more about this music. Thanks. Later. :)

Hey everyone. I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm 18 going to CSUN majoring in bio and minoring in graphic design, however recently ive been very interested in music prodcutions. Music is a very important part of my life and I love learning about its history, technical and musical influences and styles anywhere from classical to underground bands. I do a lot of artwork, preferabbly black and white pencil, but I can get creative. I used to sing, but realized I have stage fright, so never ened up doing anything with that. Plus I don't think my voice is as great as others tell me but whatever. I really wish I can play drums and violin. Odd combo yes, guess I'm just not very standard. I grew up listening to a lot of alternative/rock/punk crap in my middle school days. Later I began to listen to a lot of classic rock. About six years ago I heard Forever Darkwoods by Bathory and pretty much took it from there with black/death/folk metal. I can't say I know it all but I'm really interested. Some of the bands that I really like now are Amorphis, Amon Amarth, Finnrtoll, Kalmah, Dark Tranquility, Asmegin, Bathory, In Flames, Orphaned Land, Symphony x and such. Anyways, I was hoping there might be people here who might want to let me in on some info and help me learn about more bands and more about this music. Thanks. Later. :)

Greetings! In addition to having good taste in music you are also quite lovely (from the picture I saw on the Chat forum!). :saint:
Where is CSUN? I graduated from CSUS with a BA in music.
Anyway, enjoy your stay here!

Greetings! In addition to having good taste in music you are also quite lovely (from the picture I saw on the Chat forum!). :saint:
Where is CSUN? I graduated from CSUS with a BA in music.
Anyway, enjoy your stay here!

Hey there thanks! csus? which school was that again? lol sorry. csun is in northridge, california. anyays nice meeting you!