Newest mix for my band-Metalcore

SeverOurSkies

New Metal Member
Oct 29, 2011
Hey guys, I just finished this mix today and its for one of my band's more melodic songs. For the instruments I used a Pod X3, ZomBass, and SD2.0. I'd really like some feedback on how I could improve this.

Last edited by a moderator:
sounds very muddy and its clipping, start with turning down the levels .....not a fan of the kick and snare

Yeah compressed to hell. Kick sounds rather unpleasant. Plastic to the max. Scoop the ass out of the mids and try to find a better spot for the click/slap. Might I suggest somewhere around 9-10 kHz. I think this style of production calls for more of a wet "slappy" kick rather than a clicky one. Or if nothing else bust out a multiband comp and compress the high end of the kick so that the thump can cut through cause it's pure click on my end. Productions not bad though. But as missigs stated, it sounds like you straight brick walled it.

Just came back to this thread and thanks for the feedback guys.
Taking a second look, I definitely compressed this mix way too much. I have a really bad habit of doing that. I'm still pretty new to superior drummer, so I have a lot of tweaking to do to my patch. I'll see what I can do about the kick!