Newest songs of mine... Progressive Metal style

preebo94

New Metal Member
Oct 16, 2012
I would like to here some feedback... a already uploaded some songs on Youtube. but NOW, I want that people also listen to them. I think its a lack of quality (?) so help me to improve it.

My gear:
Ibanez Grg 250 Dx with a Dimarzio x-Activator II PU
Line 6 UX2 with Pod Farm 2 (and Gutiar Rig 5)

Fruity Loops 10
Superior Drummer Vst plug

(and different Effect vst like 'dBlue Glitch 2.0')

First song already finished:

Second work in progress:
http://soundcloud.com/oleg-pasitschni/ballroom-dance

Thanks for your feedback =)

Last edited by a moderator:
The track sounds way too compressed. The track is pumping big time. Also, the drop at :32 is really weak. A big reason is because the stutter sound you got leading up to it is much louder than the rest of the song. The drums are too up front - especially the cymbals and snare. The guitars are getting drowned out. Regardless, it's always going to sound bad if you don't take care of that compression/limiting issue.

Like the song, like the other guy said it seems hit pretty hard with limiting. If you want a track to sound loud it's odd but you have to go in the opposite direction.

1) Record to -18dBfs, it makes sure no clipping happens and keeps sounds from being distorted and weak.
2) Effective compression where needed, try mixing into a limiter at the start with some slight master bus compression. This allows you to gauge what you need to compress in the mixes and won't throw thing's out the window when you finally add the mastering chain.
3) Corrective EQ allows for a louder sounding track, Make sure to use HPF and LPF in all places needed.. If HPF / LPF makes the sound weak in any direction you have gone too far. General EQ usually a 4Khz bump and a removal of "Mud" around the 400hz mark usually makes the guitars stand out more without it interfering with other portions.