news at Spinefarm

ukstin

I Survived the Lake Bodom
Feb 6, 2002
Brazil
www.bodomnight.cjb.net
Hail people...

I found it at Spinefarm website, please somebody can translate it?

14/08/2002

Children Of Bodom on pitkällisten sopimusneuvotteluiden jälkeen uusinut levytyssopimuksensa Spinefarm Recordsin kanssa. Bändi on pitänyt matalaa profiilia kahden vuoden takaisen "Follow The Reaper" - albumin jälkeen tehden lähinnä festarikeikkoja. Syyskuun 16. päivä julkaistaan uusi single "You're Better Off Dead", jonka kakkosbiisinä kuullaan The Ramones - cover "Somebody Put Something In My Drink".
Bändi on parhaillaan Astia - studiolla Lappeenrannassa äänittämässä uutta albumia, joka julkaistaan vuoden 2003 alussa.

thanks a lot

14/08/2002

After long contract discussions Children of Bodom has renewed their record deal with Spinefarm Records. The band has done mainly festival gigs after their previous album, Follow the Reaper. The new single (You're better off dead) will be out September 16th, where we will hear COB covering The Ramones' "Somebody Put Something In My Drink". Band is recording the new album at the Astia studios as we speak, and its going to be released in the beginning of year 2003.

sorry my sucky english.

I would like to know for how many albums they did this contract. I remember this one interview where Alexi said that the fourth COB album would probably be the last they do. But if they signed for another three albums I wouldn't worry anymore.

Originally posted by Crimson Babe
Why would there be only four albums??? It doesn't make any sense...Alexi LOVES his guitar, why would he stop after four albums? :cry:
i think (no... i hope), zarok wanted to say, that they release only four albums on spinefarm...

I didn't want to make confusion. I think the best thing is that you read that interview and see for yourselves what Alexi says. It's at the bottom where he says it.

FOR THE MILLIONTH TIME HE DIDN'T SAY THE FOURTH IS THE LAST.

He said if one of the members left they would break up, and if people stopped liking their music as much, they'd break up (because they don't want to release a shitload of albums and cheapen their sound like some bands). Now listen carefully:

He is saying that the fourth album will probably be the last because he always underestimates CoB's success... he thinks they'll never top FtR sales. If you've read other interviews (or this one, since nobody seems to grasp what I'm saying, and instead just yells "CoB is breaking up!" or something stupid) you'd see that Alexi is always really surprised how well they do. And also each album they have gained more popularity... now if their next album is a bomb (do you think it will be? :b) they might break up... but there isn't any reason to think CoB will be no more if they do well (which they will).

I hope I made it clear for everyone. And when CoB breaks up, remember that Alexi has stated many times that music is his life... he would just start or join another band. So would the other members (except maybe Janne) I would imagine.

I know that was a bit of a rant, but I remember several other occasions where I had to type something very similar because people were screaming that CoB are breaking up and other uninformed crap.

Originally posted by Stun
FOR THE MILLIONTH TIME HE DIDN'T SAY THE FOURTH IS THE LAST.
Of course he didn't say that. Did I do that? No. I quoted what he said and didn't add something more. And I think the people here have enough intelligence to understand the word "probably". This means that it could be the last album and not that it will be the last. It depends on different factors.
It's clear that Alexi (or the whole band) can just decide if the 4th album would be their last, after they saw how good it sold. If the next album would be a commercial flop then COB will quit and if it will be a great sucess, they will continue. But they need to know now how many albums they will do in the future because they signed a brand new record deal. Of course they can split up after their 4th album when it didn't sell well, even when the contract says that COB must record 2 more albums.
And remember that the interview was done in the beginning in 2001 and the new record deal was signed in the middle of 2002. So Alexi eventually changed his mind in the meantime.

Hey Stun! I said "it would be the last". Not "it will be the last". Okay? BTW, you have reason!!!

PD: Whats about your transcriptions for the old demo of "TDE" ? If you havent the song, I could send to you ;)

Originally posted by warman
14/08/2002

After long contract discussions Children of Bodom has renewed their record deal with Spinefarm Records. The band has done mainly festival gigs after their previous album, Follow the Reaper. The new single (You're better off dead) will be out September 16th, where we will hear COB covering The Ramones' "Somebody Put Something In My Drink". Band is recording the new album at the Astia studios as we speak, and its going to be released in the beginning of year 2003.

sorry my sucky english.

Don't apologize! It's great you CAN translate at all. In other words, please don't ask me to turn this into Finnish. :D